Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Using PC to open up documents via Phone Browse...

Contributor

Using PC to open up documents via Phone Browser - why read only?

I naturally assumed I could dbl-click on a document in Phone Browser, open it up in Word, edit it, and save it back to the phone. I was very surprised when the document opens up in Read-Only mode! Surely this can't be right, and I'm doing something wrong - how do I open up a document on the phone, but using my PC? I'm connnected to the phone via Bluetooth...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: Using PC to open up documents via Phone Browser - why read only?

Phone model?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nokia 9300i. thanks for reply!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

I do not have 9300i any longer, but if you first move the file to another folder in PC (Suite will ask for "would you like to convert" if I remember right), can you edit it normally after that ?
Please use plain text.