Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What features should nokia add as a reply to i...

Advisor
rossel

What features should nokia add as a reply to iPhone/other phones?!!! (warning!! rant...)

In my opinion, nokia's feature upgrades r pretty slow comparing to iPhone. i own an e90 which has an amazing form factor but with 'not so good' (actually rubbish) software. Nokia is acting like micro$oft. suppose, for ngage support u've to own only some specific models although your phone hardware is capable of handling ngage. You might think why e series should have gaming support!! doesnt a businessman need any entertainment? so you need an e series in office and an n series at party/home. Like micro$oft has 8 different vistas. Why these features is not standard? everyone is shouting about s60 platform. ok. how many apps are on s60 and how many on iPhone? now consider their maturity as a platform!!! my e90 has no official/better yahoo,facebook,twitter client/support. yes i'm using all of these on my e90 but with complex/indirect way. there are not many good apps on s60 (for both free/shareware). it is better to have one good model than 7/8 active but not so good models in the market at a time. after geting e90, what feature/s nokia'd added in last 1.5years:confused:except stability,a-gps..etc which are more like bug fixes to me). yes e90 is excellent as a phone but who wants only phone features now a days!!

BTW- i dont hate nokia,if that was the case,i wasnt in this forum. Hate my opinion but plz dont hate me.. peace.:-))

3300,2100,3650,n70,e61i>>>e90>>>? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: What features should nokia add as a reply to iPhone/other phones?!!! (warning!! rant...)

What you're saying is completely true !

I am facing just the problems as yours 

I have a E63 phone , when i bought it i supposed it was a bussiness one , so designed for Email and internet (i thought using internet will be like music playing )

Now what ? I don't use the handicapped Nokia Internet browser . It's very slow (1 Mbps WLAN), often hangs and crashes , doesn't download a ".rar" files (as if it's a very recent extention not known by nokia people , and they never seen it before ) . So i had to pay 24 $ for opera mobile which didn't work on E series !

Regarding Email clients , as you know , it's extremely slow (but better than the browser , in fact) so I also had to purchase Profimail 

and many other things like this 

I think the fact fact that :"Nokia sells you the Hardware not the Software" is extremely  true .

These phones are pre-release I think , we are buying beta versions from Nokia

Ayman Ahmed
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Re: What features should nokia add as a reply to iPhone/other phones?!!! (warning!! rant...)

Salaams Ayman Ahmed,

Zayak. :smileyhappy: My small attempt at Egyptian Arabic. I agree with you 100%. I think Nokia realized this with the E75. It has a pretty good msuci player. I compared it against my iPod and found them both virtually the same in musical sound. I think Nokia realizes that there needs to be a more cohesive product offering.

M/salaama

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Advisor

wow ! Saporobaby , Can you speak Egyptian Arabic ?

Ok take these tips :
" Ezzayak " ----> means "how are you ?"

"Maa El-Salama " ---> " Good bye "

Any way I think that if Nokia wants to overcome challenge by other companies , they should reduce their official behavior , and start employing talented programmers in Nokia.
I would by a Nokia phone that have the following features built-in (without the need to purchase any additional programs) :
- Unlimited sound Recording.
- Automatic profile changing.
-Call and sms blocker.
-Call recorder.
-Better web browser.
- Better music player.
- All in one IM client.
They also will get their products much improved when they stop treating their users as " Kids ". Every user should send a feedback , and has it reviewed .

Hope someone from Nokia will read this.

Thank you guys
And special thanks to that how try to speak Egyptian Arabic, you are welcome in Egypt man !
Ayman Ahmed
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

Yes,

I can speak shwaya Arabi. :smileyhappy:

I lived in Cairo for a year and a half. I worked for Vodafone in Maadi, and then for ISS in Doki. Egypt still feels like home to me. I went to Al Azhar often and made my Shahada there.

You have some good points about Nokia. I agree that they could give many of the features you suggested but some they probably never will. Hopefully Nokia will learn from Apple and their ablity to make user desired features (they sometimes drop the ball too) and implement them.

Once again it was nice to speak a bit with you.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rossel

"Hopefully Nokia will learn from Apple and....."- and that is my problem.. why nokia have to learn from apple.. apple is a 'baby' compare to nokia as a mobile manufacturer.. what apple is done specially in last 1 year, why nokia couldnt do that for 10/15 years? ovi fails, ngage fails.... nothing is going right. they are busy at putting camera in a phone... camera more than 5 megapixel on a phone is a joke. people who need more than that will buy a proper camera or they buy a phone which has whole cybershot in the phone. Even the latest n97 has resistive touch screen which will pretty su*k. what else then....?!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Oh ! You reminded me ,
I should have received a 1-year trial on Ovi files which means I should receive 1 GB of free space .
After trying to several times to set it up I failed. The mobile redirects me to the site and the site says opens Ovi from your mobile .
After that I discovered it was regional restriction , Meddle east isn't included yet in Ovi plan. After using US proxy , I could get to "my" Ovi free space.I am not going to use a proxy every time. So I gave it up , isn't rapidshare premium account enough ?

But guys I don't think iPhone is so powerful , E71 is much better .
It's camera is 2 MP , lacks card slot,lacks java , a lot of users claims about stability.

I think they're just good at post selling care in contrast to Nokia.
Even here in middle east we have much better guranttee (i2 company) . A friend had his phone repaired 3 times and then completely replaced with no extra money paying.
Ayman Ahmed
Please use plain text.
Sage
wilson63

Hi there, personally I don't think the iPhone has that much more advantage over any of Nokia's handsets, in terms of software it might have a slight edge. I am especially disappointed at the E90's SW features, it shouldn't be so lagging on a premium device it's ludicrous.:smileyvery-happy:

If there's any phone Nokia should aspire to or emulate to is the most anticipated *amsung Omnia i8910, the most ambitious power house of any existing or upcoming device to date, I was most impressed with it's review on my Symbian.

It makes all other competitors out there look like a tool, both it's software & hardware is an awesome combination, you will have to read the review to believe so much advancement & innovation is on this one  *amsung device it will be the envy of all Nokia users.:manhappy:

Please use plain text.