Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Which is best

Contributor
zakariaKm

Which is best

Hi I'm sorry to discuss this, but I'm confused. Please help me. Which is best phone according to u Nokia asha 308 os Nokia E5-00 ?
Please give me ur opinions. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakariaKm

Nokia asha 308 or Nokia E5-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Have to say that find this a strange comparison choice between keypad device running outdated Symbian and touchscreen dual SIM device restricted to JAVA applications. You don't mention whether presence or absence of WiFi is of importance and in this price banding I would look at Asha 501.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

The best thing to do is find out your needs and then go to a local store with working demos and have a feel for them yourself and try them out.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakariaKm

I'm currently using Nokia asha 308 planning to changai it to Nokia E5. Would it be a gud choice. Because asha 308 lacks wifi,3G,multitasking,GPS,clipboard,etc.. But the same time E5 lacks some features like turning off mobile data..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You can turn off the mobile data on the E5.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

zakariaKm wrote:
E5 lacks some features like turning off mobile data..

Should follow same format as my E72 a similar S60 3rd Ed. FP2 device in Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings > Connection > Packet data as per screenshot: 

S5 00

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zakariaKm

@scoobyman: will this really works with applications like WhatsApp which runs and connect internet in background ?
@jimmyireland : How to turn off the mobile internet in E5 as per you ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

zakariaKm wrote:
@scoobyman: will this really works with applications like WhatsApp which runs and connect internet in background?

Unfortunately not as WhatsApp makes it's own access irrespective of global device settings.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Sergio_Sz

WhatsApp works perfectly fine in E5.
By default, will switch to Wifi when data connection is not available, AND if if finds a Wifi connection known, that is, listed as a known access point.

Regards.
Please use plain text.