Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Wireless problems after Belle update on E7

vaishgoa

same is d problem with my E7......connection failed
Please use plain text.
Prabhpandher

plz switch on wifi from wifi icon in slidebar during installation of uc web browser. It works for me.
All the best and i hope it will help u....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
samptron

IT WORKED FOR ME FINALLY.

Tried lots of things like playing with router security etc. It didn't helped.

Then  deleted existing Wifi Access point (Network Destination).

Out of frustration rebooted router.

Then stumbled across this forum and the post on first page advised to reboot router (which I already did.)

Re-tried Nokia E7 to connect home wifi with WPA2 security and it all seems to be working.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sonu_Y

@samptron I am happy for you dear that it worked for you but the other part of the problem is still ignored, what about the connectivity with the mobile network,

the wifi also works fine and the mobile connectivity also after rebooting the device once.. But if you turn them both off and then turn on again after say an hour then it doesn't connect again, again a restart is required, and you all may know that restarting again and again drains all the battery out,

so enough of this magics and time pass tricks, i request you nokia to look in to the issue and please provide a solution as soon as possible, we trust you....

plz provide a fix soon...as all the above mentioned tricks have been tried and still the problem persist...

Please use plain text.
serbmilan

Have same problem. I am very very angry!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
biginen

I have problems with E7 Belle Wlan connectivity. For example with Spotify app I can listen for couple of minutes and after that connection fails. When exiting Spotify the connection seems to be working. There are also other problems with wlan connectivity. I can log to the network but it takes longer than before and browser connection does not work well.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
angurbeats

I am having problem with my wi fi on E7.  Before updating I had no problems connecting to my BT hub with wi fi. But after updating I can not connect and when I do (no one is going to believe me on this)all my wireless connections in the house drops and i have to reset mu hub, but there is no internet data being received or sent on my phone.  but the phone shows its connected but no data being received  or sent.  First my understanding was the hub is not working.  BT has replaced my hub,  I am still having the same problem.  I have tried it with other wireless networks as well with no success. 

I have followed every body guide.  but I am still having the same problems.  i know there is no chance of re-installing  ANNA back on the phone but i had no problems at all.  i have always loved nokia and the E7 made it perfect until now.  please help me my phone is out o\f warranty now.

Please use plain text.
Nevalainen

I have the same problem with Spotify. After couple of minutes wifi access fails. I think this is more related to software since everything else works. Please support this problem at Spotify forums: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/Spotify-on-Symbian-Belle/idi-p/2323
Please use plain text.
Advisor
angurbeats

[ Edited ]

i am sure if nokia cared about all these people having problems with the new update, they would have helped.  i get the feeling they are not that much concerned any longer.  as i have heard they are more interested in moving to windows.  if they wanted to sort this problem out ,  all they have to do is re-released symbian anna as an update.  that may flush the phone system back to its original state.  at the moment no matter how much you install and re-install Belle will always be on the system... need to get it to factory symbian anna settings..  any one have a solution to this ????

or does any body know how to get it back to its factory settings, in E7's case it was Symbian Anna.  not Belle.

Please use plain text.
itisbala18

It worked for me when i changed by wi fi key from WEP to WAP

Please use plain text.
Supermegaman

Try this

On Windows XP open CMD

in the firts line Write telnet and your router ip, for example i have Thomson router 192.168.1.254

C:\Documents and Settings\ME>telnet 192.168.1.254

Then write your username, default is Administrator, Administrador or Admin

and your password. (Default pass is intro button)

After that put this:

wireless qos config mode=disabled

and finally write:

saveall

close CMD

Conect Nokia e7

Windows vista need first Telnet client with administrator privileges

Please use plain text.
Advisor
angurbeats

do you do this on the phone or on your computer? if on the computer, why? this does not make sense. the phone is not only having problems with home wifi it is also having problems with network provider internet.
Please use plain text.
Sage

angurbeats wrote:
do you do this on the phone or on your computer? if on the computer, why? this does not make sense. the phone is not only having problems with home wifi it is also having problems with network provider internet.

It's an issue with the phone. Others (including me) have reported on it. There is some kind of bug in the phone (if you are observing the same thing I am). Rebooting the phone fixes the problem for a while.

If it's something else, it might be that during the upgrade to Belle, the internet settings might get messed up. Deleting the access point, and re-adding it have helped some.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
test13

I have this problem,
What should I do? :crying:
My E7 is useless.

Please Help :crying:

We are EQUAL in the END, but what about those PAINs?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dsan1

Same problem here with my Nokia E6-00: Since Belle I cannot really connect to the WiFi network at home or at work. Both worked with Anna and do work with several other devices including two laptop computers, a HTC sensation (Android) and an old iPhone 3G.

When I connect with a wireless network the phone "pretends" to connect but when I try to perform a task that needs WiFi (like eg using the map loader) it always displays a "no WiFi" message, although the little WiFi sign in the upper left side of the screen (next to the battery life display and the mobile "bars") is showing. Very strange.

Nokia? Anyone? A little help please ...

Best

dsan1

Please use plain text.
servicetier

[ Edited ]

I have a Nokia 500 and have been encountering the same problems, so this doesn't seem to be specific to a particular model (as others have mentioned). The newly-released OS (operating system) is at fault.

To their credit, the process of upgrading seemed straightforward. It is just odd that there is no official reponse from someone regarding this issue when it is apparent that so many are facing this.

Coincidentally, the place where I am staying just got brand new network equipment for their business-class network connection and we've been doing fine with all other devices.

I tried to find the files to delete using Mass Storage mode but don't have them.

Please use plain text.
servicetier

In the absence of any further development on this thread and also of any software patches, I tried "A reset of the phone with the *#7780# code" as suggested by someone earlier. It made no difference.
Please use plain text.
servicetier

[ Edited ]

I got the latest Nokia Suite 3.5.34 and it shows that my Nokia 500 has update 111.020.0059 with no further updates being available. Per http://www.nokia.com/sg-en/support/product/500/, "Latest software release for Nokia 500 is Nokia Belle Refresh (111.021.0028)" but my Nokia Suite says that there are no updates available for itself or the phone. The phone SW update widget says, "Good News!" and tells me that everything is updated already.

How do I get the 111.021.0028 update? Maybe that will solve these problems. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pawdie

I am on my second E7 and never had wifi connection issues with my first E7 - this had Belle. With my second E7 (on Belle), I had no issues with wifi connection. I then started to get "connection failed, already active" message. When I power the phone off/on, it can then connect again for a day or so. I am of the firm belief that this was a result of installing the Fring app. I have removed this app and have will monitor.

Please use plain text.