Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

broken hinge 9500

Registered Member

broken hinge 9500

i dont know how to gewt this sorted been to a shop nokia repair they say they cant dont it for 3 weeks grrrrrr if i can find out how to sort it i would do it my self
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: broken hinge 9500

have you called nokia? maybe they have a special repair service for this type of phone?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

PLZ CONTACT NOKIA SERVICE CENTER(NSC) THEY WILL HELPU...........
Please use plain text.

Hinge of my phone broke last year, for God knows better. I searched the Nokia website for official repairers. In London, it wsa Car Phone Warehouse. They changed the casing and charged me 70 quids for that. I wonder now, if i could have sent the phone for repairs under the warranty.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

i wouldnt have thought so, normally the warranty doesnt cover the accidental damage
Please use plain text.
Professor
megadodo

Contact a Club Nokia Service Point, they will examine the phone and if there is no obviuous cause for the broken hinge, drop damage, chipped case, other scratches etc. that imply the phone has had a hard life then they will probably consider the repair as a warranty job. If there is damage then you will be charged, and quite rightly so, for the repair, if you damaged you car by hitting something you wouldn't expect the maker of the car to pay for it would you?
Please use plain text.