Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

can not see folders in memory card using file mana...

myadav

can not see folders in memory card using file manager E71

Hi there, I have E71, I used to see the foldersand files  in my memory card using file manager, but due to some virus, i took backup of memory card formatted it. the backup folder on my desktop was subjected to virus removal, and then again i restored the clean files to my memory card. but now i can not see the folder in my meory card using nokia e71 file manager but can see the files and folders using Mass Storage mode. please hlep me in resolving this issue, as  I extensively use email and need to send lot of mobile files as attachment to my customers any time any where .. Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gmtro

Re: can not see folders in memory card using file manager E71

Not very sure about solutions as you have given a summary description... But it could be related to format procedure witch you have followed. If you have used the PC it may possible to arrive here... As you may have formatted in different format the mobile knows, your problem seems feasible. Try to re-format the card using the mobile..  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
myadav

Ok - taken fresh backup, formatted using mobile, and now restoring files to memory card - will update if i face problem
Please use plain text.
myadav

Did restore, most of the folders are visible now, but one of my important folder which consists of various word / excel / ppt / pdf files is not visible. any clue ? but its visible in mass storage option.
Please use plain text.
myadav

Ok - taken fresh backup, formatted using mobile, and now restoring files to memory card - will update if i face problem .

Update
Did restore, most of the folders are visible now, but one of my important folder which consists of various word / excel / ppt / pdf files is not visible. any clue ? but its visible in mass storage option.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Can you see your files with File Manager or Xplore?

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=xplore

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Advisor
gmtro

It may be related to folder attributes -  During the "restore" process, if you have used copy function with MS Explorer, the attributes assigned to this folder(changed by Windows configured policies) were copied to the mobile. Please follow hadimassa advice, as Xplore may read them.have fun :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Prince4720

Hi , i'm prince. I have using nokkia c3 . I have a problem occured.beacause of some viruses.i can't see my folders in mymory card. So i have many problems for using the media player.
Den what can i do.?my folders r shown..
Please use plain text.