Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: e5 Memory Full

smtech

[ Edited ]

If you have been regularly backing up your phone...try restoring from an old backup. Just select the 'Phone settings and applications' for restore. This should free up some memory. There's an inbox_w.db file in c:\Private\20003c0a, which keeps growing as you use your email...This method should bring it to the size on the date you took that back up, which gives quite some MBs. Hope this helps.

*****If nothing works, then hard reset is an option (although a tough one and last resort). Though I'm not a big fan of hard reset, but if you doing it make sure you take a backup of 'Phone settings and applications' immediately after hard reset and getting the system up, so you can use this file to restore in future, make some space and dont have to try hard reset again. You can then use this backup and restore whenever you run out of memory.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rudolphs

Ok everyone. I got my phone to working again. I connected to the PC, deleted data off the memory card. This was only part of my problem. The phone memory was full also. Hit <MENU>,<OPTIONS>,<MEMORY DETAILS> to view memory stats. Both of mine were full. I deleted the <CITIES> folder suggested by another member. That freed the memory card up. Then I went to <MENU>,<CTRL PANEL>,<DATA MGR>,<APP MGR>,<INSTALLED APPS> and deleted all the applications. The OVI Store Client keeps coming back for some reason, but the phone is working now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vkgarg

Re: Solution

it saved few MB's but NOKIA must work on fixing the bug. I guess it is kept purposefully to make some bucks through service centers.........more over now NOKIA is busy to make Windows Mango work and keep alive ....some body out side the NOKIA only can help.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
canacol

that was the solution. clear all those od fies and now I have 160 Mb and the phone is running smooth. Thanks a lot. I was looking for this solution for quite a while. You are awesome Bombasaki. I'm canadian and I don't understand how Nokia,that used to be the biggest in the world decided to hire as CEO a canadian who use to work for microsoft so he put windows on the smarthphones. What an idiot. Anybody with some brain had put Android. I wan't to see a Nokia Android. It would be a killer.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jfgreen98

I deleted these files but what are they for?  Why were they there in the first place?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jfgreen98

Where was that file located?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ricardo12

How to delete data frm memory of E5 nokia mobile?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
earth2diana

Ok. so i know it's an old post but since nothing here helped me and I managed to solve the problem I'll post just in case there are still ppl out there with this issue.

So had the same problem. anything i wanted to do just made that error pop out on my screen and restarted my phone about a million times/day.

What I did to solve the problem was connect my phone to my PC (took about 30 min of trying as the phone kept restarting and disconnecting from my PC) and than dialled *#7370# to format the phone. You will lose all of your data but it will solve the error...at least for the moment.

Bear in mind you need to try and try again until your phone stays connected long enough for you to dial *#7370# and start the formating process.

In case you get this error again in the future..simply back up your phone so next time it happenes you can simply restore it. 

Annoying but hope it helps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
negritoremigala

Re: Solution memory full

techmonkey wrote:

Hello all, I think I have found a cause of this problem. There is a bug in how the phone is programmed to manage communication log data (received calls, missed calls, etc). So to fix this, you have to clear all the logs when you encounter the problem or, set the phone not to log anything at all - to do this navigate to [MENU > LOG > OPTIONS > SETTINGS > LOG DURATION] and select "No log". Please let me know if it works for you all. Thanks.

And Nokia, could you please stop trying to fill the market with frequent new models loaded with bugs and instead try to make robust products that users can enjoy without sacrificing their time and resources? Customers pay the money to use the product and not to keep reporting the bugs back to you. It is your job to test, find and fix the bugs before you release a product - it's not fair for customers to do this on top of paying you for the product. Thanks.

It did not work!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
michelle_29

need help please?

went through tmobile to sort out issues with my Nokia E5 it has not been rectified at all still getting same message on my phone which is      Messaging: Not enough memory to perform operation. delete some data first.

i have cleared most photos, cleared list on log and clear messaging and still got issues.  Any Help?

cheers michelle_29

RobWebster wrote:

Hi Guys,

Got a brand new e5-00 the other day and i am already getting a "memory full" warning every time I try to access a menu.

All of my contacts are stored onto the phone memory (not the sim), and I have no pictures or media on the card. I have closed down every application and am still getting the same error.

Any ideas?

Cheers

michelle_29

Please use plain text.
Fishm8

Re: e5 Memory Full ==> solution

Hello,

I found the problem on my Nokia E5-00 memory full error.

My phone memory had 140kb left and I couldn't do anything with my phone.

In the log files is a very long list with log files.

I (just in case) moved all items to my sd card ( this can take a very long time) ( even more than 24 hours in my case).

But after this I mananged to get 145 Mb free.:smileyhappy:

Now I know I can delete these files without replacing them.

So in your E5-00 go to:

office/file management/phone memory/logs/eng/ods

Here you'll find a lot of Gall resonse and requests you can delete.

It worked fine with my Nokia

Please use plain text.
gauravkhattar

Even though my nokia E5 and it's memory card are showing enough available memory, it is not accepting any more data like music or new contacts. How can this be fixed ?

I suspect viruses. How can I scan my phone with anti-viruses available online ? My Kaspersky 2012 on PC does NOT allow me to add my phone as a device to be scanned.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
executioner64

i had same proplem and figured out what it was. The phone is storeing files that need to be deleted for your phone to work properly. Go to menu, then office, then file manager. Go to logs, the Eng, then ogs and delete all the files in that folder. U should keep deleteing those files every other day so it will not fill up again. When i first checked mine i had over 22000 files in that folder
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anukutty

I am having the problem in my e5,phone memory is full,delete som application ...but ,there is no files in images,music,videos and messages,i even deleted logs...but the memory is still low....im not able to open web....and mail,i cant even upload ,or download
pls help me........plssssss.....plssssssss
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi anukutty

Thank you for posting! :Cool:

Try the resolution provided on this link http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E5-00-C-Memory-full-but-no-files/td-p/1140... some user reported that the troubleshooting step provided worked for them.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SonysugarUser

Re: Solution

Restore to original date using Nokia PC suite that came with your phone. Use the earliest restore date

Please use plain text.