Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e5 software update

Registered Member
adclose

e5 software update

the sw update on my e5 is insisting that there is a phone update, but only allowing me to update via pc. when i come to the site on a pc there are no sw updates listed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: e5 software update

updates vary be region and product code this is why
there is a general release for the E5 but not for all just yet
if your phone is branded ,ie locked to a network you may have to wait longer as the network has to aproove the update

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
varunseth

i have the same issue....my version is 42.010 but a higher version is available.

myphone is not at all locked on a network....its a dedicated nokia handset....without any network locking....bought from a nokia priority dealer.......when will i be able to update my phone

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RaithK

Hey, use smaller fonts next time. I have the same problem. Mine is the Chinese version (made in China) 007 version, bought in Europe (don't know how). Some versions may not need an update. I don't have any problems with my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

read the post i already made

UPDATES VARY BY REGION AND PRODUCT CODE THANK YOU

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dookhan

Hi! After reviewing your problem. I need to ask you some questions:

1. Have you download OVI Suite 3.0?

If not, go to google and search ovi suite 3.0 and download and install.

I was only allowed to install the update via my PC reason why is because some updates are required to be installed from your PC to your phone because in event the update fail or for whatever reason being. Nokia would allow other small updates to be installed via software update on your phone but such a critical update needs to be updated by your PC using your USB Cable. 

Ok. After downloading and Installing OVI suite 3.0, connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable that came with your phone. N.B. You may be promted on your phone to select a connection method. Choose PC Suite. N.B. Ovi Suite has replaced Nokia PC Suite. After that it may take some time for your phone to connect. Then you will see a message on your PC's screen informing you to accept all request or installations on your Nokia device. Make sure and accept all that files on your device. Next,  On the menu bar on ovi suite program, click Tools and then Software updates. Next, you will see a screen checking for updates for the OVI suite and your Nokia E5. After the search is complete, you will see that there is an available update for your Nokia E5 click it and follow all instructions. NOTE: BACKUP ALL OF YOUR CONTACTS, MUSIC, GAMES, APPLICATIONS, MESSAGES ETC. BEFORE PROCEDING WITH THE UPDATE. ALSO, DO NOT EVER DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE WHEN THE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS. IT MAKE TIME SOME TIME FOR THE SCREENS TO CHANGE OR APPEAR ON YOUR PHONE. BE AWARE THAT BY UPDATING YOUR PHONE, YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR DATA ON YOUR PHONE. JUST A HINT, IN EVENT YOU NEED TO MASTER RESET YOUR PHONE IN THE FUTURE TYPE #7370 IN YOUR PHONE AND ENTER YOUR SECURITY CODE TO MAKE A FACTORY RESTORE.

Please use plain text.
xplod8

I have tried updating via PC, but the bloody software update disconnects from the phone and it goes no where. Msg said when i started the update that disconnect msg is normal, but I have left the phone pluged in for hours and nothing has changed, i have tried it on different PC's but the same **bleep** problem, everytime phone disconnects while updating and nokia says this is normal.. what **bleep**ing bs..

Please use plain text.