Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e61i: No more firmware update?

Registered Member

e61i: No more firmware update?

Hi,

It looks like Nokia does not care about e61i users. The latest firmware 3.0663.69.00 was released in May 2008, and it has been more than 1 year now that there is NO firmware update to this phone.

Does anyone know if there will ever be any firmware upgrade for e61i? 

e61i is a great phone except the buzzer sucks! There does not seem to be any solution for this problem and it looks like it is a hardware-related problem. The only solution is to use a wired headphone or bluetooth.

Frustrated e61i user.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: e61i: No more firmware update?

actually we really don't know, as nokia does not make such information public. it very well may be that you will not get an update but it also is possible that one might come tho considering that it is an older model i would not be surprised that they no longer supported it in terms of firmware. sorry mate. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jonoden

Re: e61i: No more firmware update?

It's even more of a shame since 3.0663.69.00 isn't even for all E61i's. I bought an unlocked one, and my particular product code does not get the update. Last time I checked anyway. 

Please use plain text.