Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: ANNA is **bleep**

Advisor
Mos_bakry

e7 anna is a mess

i think that this firm ware was not tested and it was relased  for us to test and i think they should roll back

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: e7 anna is a mess

I have to disagree. I updated it yesterday morning and my phone is working better. My E7 used to restart itself all the time, It has not done it yet. Plus is seems to move faster between menus and when opening apps. The ovi store is the only thing that is a bit of an issue. But I dont really use that anyway. I just download the apps from the web via my computer.

what are the specific issues you are referring to? 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mos_bakry

all applications are slower on my phone, the battery consumption is more
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Anna's new features are nice, so are the stability patches. At least in my perception. However, I noticed a couple of annoying bugs (with Social and the communication log).

Is there a possibility to roll back to a pre-Anna state? Does anyone know?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

If you having problems - Do The *#7370#

save your stuff by backup in ove suite. Not settings..

I still think that is the best way to play in tour case.

Most people don´t have problems regarding the massive downloads and the huge files that is the updates.

The update seems to be great for more than 95% of the users, especially the E7 users.

To Do Is The Solution Now...it is to many parmeters that will take your time away, perhaps a whole weekend if continuing to smart...hard rest a la 7370 is the way.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

You can't rollback to previous firmware versions. IMO, though the update was late and little bit under-whelming, update has given E7 a new life and few features which are useful. No issues of slow down anywhere for me, my phone is smooth and fast. If you find any slow down perform a reset *#7370# which cleans up phone and mass memory(before that take a back-up). Worth a try.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

i made the reset and i will test my phone for one more day and tell you my opnion
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bawbee

I upgraded to Anna 2 days ago and so far everything is fine.  My E7 seems more responsive and I seem to get a better signal in my office(not sure why).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
weili80

Anna on my e7 is disaster. I donot care what's new features. I need it only works at least.

1. The SMS cannot open from the alert popup window. Even re-load Anna from ovi suite.

2. OVI store shows some Chinese as blocks.

3. Conversation shows "this func does not support".

Please use plain text.
firemonkey18

ANNA is **bleep**

[ Edited ]

This is the second time after updating the firmware and software that problems arise.  The really infuriating part is that Nokia seem to think I want my E7 to look and work like an iPhone.  I bought this phone becasue I don't want an a frikin iPhone.  What does ANNA do first, takes away my 0 to 9 keypad for texting and replaces it with a stupid qwerty soft keypad.  Fortunately this can be switched back, but why do it in the first place, if I wanted to use a qwerty, I would open the damn phone up!  Then, and this is really p$#@ing me off, the bluetooth to my car, which has functioned perfectly for two years with both N96 and E7, no longer displays the address book!  What is wrong with you people? Why are you letting marketing 'feel' good people wreck a perfectly good business phone?  Get back to what it was originally designed for business.  Give me back my address book, because as far as I am concerned you have now breached the contract under which I agreed to purchase this phone.  You have taken away functionality which was the reason for me purchasing.  I am sure the telecommunications ombudsman and the trade practices people would be interested in these latest stuff ups.

MODERATORS NOTE:  The profanities have been removed. Offensive language is not allowed on the forums. Please do not use offensive language on the forums

Please use plain text.
firemonkey18

As for you people who are singing its praises, I doubt whether you use half of its functionality. If you like it the way it is, go buy an iPhone, you will be wrapped.
Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

hi.

my sympathies.

i understand your frustration.

i didn't quite understand what you mean by addressbook.

either you have a widget shortcut on the homescreen, or you press call menu bottom-right and then contacts button.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

well since it works perfectly for most users, it could be something with your device ...or maybe just your attitude.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

My initial update was a bit problematic, however with a full hard reset and a re-install the E7 is fast fluid and a swwet phone to use :smileyhappy: Oh ! and I do use ALL the functions of the phone, enough to flatten the battery by early evening every day, the new batches of software from Nokia atm are great, and I'm sure that Belle will add even more performance and choice !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.