Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

email.nokia.com down and Nokia Messaging Email not...

gr33n

email.nokia.com down and Nokia Messaging Email not working

Email on my phone stopped updating today.

when i try to change the settings I end up at a screen that asks for my password.  When I provide this and hit login, it tried to verify the connection to the server times out:

"Server not found! Please check the name of the server and try again"

Also, I tried to access email.nokia.com on my laptop but get redirected to this page:

https://email.nokia.com/account/manageAccount.action

where I see the error:

The web page at https://email.nokia.com/account/manageAccount.action might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

I'm in Brasil on the Vivo network with an Nokia E63.  3G connectivity is working fine, and I'm receiving messages/calls.

Anyone else having problems?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shadamehr

Re: email.nokia.com down and Nokia Messaging Email not working

EXACTLY the same here.

Last mail my partner received was 10am GMT today.

Her phone's not polling for mail.

So I removed the account and tried to set it up again.

And when it asks for her NOKIA account password, it keeps failing.

So I treid to configure it from the web.

Only to find their WEB servers are, just as you say, all DOWN.

Are Nokia the ONLY major Mail Company in the workd, not to use BACKUP DATA CENTRES?

What a joke!

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Same here, in USA, as of 8 am New York time 13 April.  And no one answering support requests (and they usually do that, with varying degrees of helpfulness).  Glad to know I'm not alone!

Please use plain text.

Same here in the USA, no mail since yesterday.  Have attempted a few thing (uninstalling Nokia Email) to no avail.  Can't login to email.nokia.com either.

Please use plain text.
gr33n

This morning everything seems to be back to normal, and my email's updating.  

hope you guys are sorted as well.

Please use plain text.
gr33n

Still can't login to email.nokia.com though...
Please use plain text.

Same for me: Nokia Messaging working on phone, can't log in on-line to manage the account (which, fortunately, I don't need to do at the moment).  Help people seem to have no idea--in spite oif my telling them--that it's a larger problem than my phone.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

Please use plain text.
jungleb

Yeah guys. The same for me. Does anyone have news?

Please use plain text.
jungleb

found a solution. Please look new topic created!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
iPuke

Same problem here in Indiana, USA.  Ovi Mail is not updating correctly either.  Not sure if there is a relationship, but it's suspicious.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
KKCA

email.nokia.com is down. I am trying to setup push email with my N900. Nokia seems to be going downhill - I heard they are going for Windows phone....All the people around me using Android/Iphone/BB are enjoying push emails. Also, they don't need to keep their data connection always ON. It is automatic with their 3G connection but with Nokia N900, only option I have is a GPRS connection. When I enter the APN it only gives GPRS option and if I am not connected to that GPRS connection even when it shows 3G on the phone I do not get any email or can't browse. Keeping the internet connection drains the battery like crazy compared to other smarphones.

Please use plain text.
deepgoyal

I was using nokia messaging email on my n73, but after formating my set i am unable to reinstall the messaging email. The error shows certificate expired...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you try the suggestion posted here ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
atultewari

Dear 

My Nokia Phone model Nokia E63 is not accepting e-mail set up at the end of process it is asking Nokia messaging user name and password

please guide me what to enter in that so that i can run e-mail in my phone

Regards

Manish

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

atultewari, do you want to use Nokia Messaging at all? I recommend to set-up your em-ail directly without any Nokia proxy. To fool the Nokia assistent on your phone, as email/username, just enter: user@example.com

Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arvind3059

Understand from my other nokia device that they have upgraded the system. So the mobiles which have the option of upgrading the system for nokia mail service are able to continue having servers and others where this option is not availble are suffering like me... Hope the new software for the phone comes up quickly ..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
smartdost

Same Issue in Pakistan. I am also not receiving any emails. This is very wired if Nokia do not resolve this issue. I will definately go for android HTC,Samsung, etc and will never come back on Nokia.

If anyone have solution please inform us all.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
EmmaGx

I've not recieved Nokia Messaging email on my n900 for the past few days either ... and given that the direct gamil pop3 broke a couple of months ago I'm now totally without email on my phone ... please get this sorted ASAP! ... I've tried reinstalling Nokia Messaging and that appears to have totally broken it! x

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

I would be sure that you set up your email accounts directly/manually with pop/imap settings and not use the nokia messaging further.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
EmmaGx

The Gmail pop3 on the Vanilla n900 os is definitely broken, it's been broken for a couple of months for everyone using the n900  ... I could flash it with the community updated os that's fixed the problem, but for the time being I'm sticking witht the reuglar nokia os ...

... however looks like my nokia messaging account's finally started working again this evening after a whole weekend without it! ... hopefully it'll stay that way this time! x

Please use plain text.