Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

license of connect expired! nokia e72

vivekdpk

license of connect expired! nokia e72

hi, 

when ever i try to browes or go to OVI Store i am getting license fo connect expired. But i am able to get mails!

urgent help needed

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Re: license of connect expired! nokia e72

WLAN or gprs? Could be an operator issue.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vivekpk

hi, im having the same problem with my e72 after the firmware update.

im using a wifi connectoin

it says "unable to connect,"    "license of "connect" has expired!"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

If you're using an app like Wefi or HandyWi, you have to register the program first.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Dear all I also so this happening after upgrade, somehow it put Psiloc connect as default connection, so in all of your applications that need internet check the settings and remove that Psiloc. I have no idea why psiloc came in and what it does, would be nice to have a decent manual especially after an upgrade. It's like a ghost town if you need to find a certain setting.

Please use plain text.
momentcapture

it seem to be i'm not the only dear in the middle of town! I got the same problem to connect to my email! Its important but i cant access it. "licence connect expired" appear everytime i want to access my mail. Should nokia will be able to explain this or better to solve this problem.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

If you're using Psiloc, you've to register or uninstall. In fact you don't need this app to retrieve e-mail.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tairocollyer

I'm facing the same problem after updating the system =/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same issue with this ... Im using the Virgin sim card, but it doesnt set as defaut network for me, but i cant do anything with this? should i go to nokia care or contact the network to work it out ?

Please use plain text.
gbadilla76

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem...unable to set up any email account... gmail, hotmail or exchange... I typed in account and password and then nothing happens.... the mailbox is not created. I saw a couple times that message "license of connect expired", This is a brand new e72, no firmware update done so far, I already remove the application Psiloc..same result.

I´m using Wifi to connect to internet. No problem to connect to internet.

Any other idea?

Please use plain text.
PumpMonkey

Re: license of connect expired! nokia e72. Now resolved.

I too have had the same issue, also with a Virgin SIM. I believe the issue started when the application Psiloc was updated, after that I had the 'Licence connect expired' message. I was unable to connect to the web via Virgin internet (but was ok with WLAN) and my email failed to connect.

I talked to Virgin helpline and they talked me thru the settings to add Virgin Internet again which resolved the web connection problem. I then talked to Nokia Australia helpline and eventually they helped me uninstall my email account and then re-install it again.

This is what i did, on home screen go to menu-email-settings- select your email address, then options then remove mailbox. go back to menu-email-settings, then add new mail box. just enter your email address as before, your password you use to access your email then that’s it. If unsure just go thru' the nokia care team, which can be frustrating but should work ok. hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
k_prasobh

Re: license of connect expired! nokia e72. Now resolved.

I did the same as you mentioned like removimg the existing mailbox and created the new one. Still am facing the same issue!! am not sure how to fix it. If i uninstall Psilc connect will it affect any other functionality of Mobile?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MAGASE79

NOKIA E72 "LICENCE CONECTION EXPIRED" - RESOLVED !!!

DEAR PALS:

AS A E72 USER, I`VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM WITH NOKIA MESSAGGING APPLICATION, WHEN I TRY TO CREATE A 3rd EMAIL ACCOUNT.

UNFORTUNATELY, I COULDN'T RESOLVE THE PROBLEM, WITH THE RE-INSTALLATATION OF THE APP; NO CHANGES WITH A HARD AND SOFT RESET..ETC,ETC. I REPORTED THE PROBLEM TO NOKIA, BUT THE SOLUTION THAT THEY GAVE ME DIDN'T WORK PROPERLY, SO, THE PROBLEM PERSIST.

SO, I STARTED TO THINK A LITTLE BIT. THE MESSAGE THAT APPEARS IS "LICENCE CONECTION EXPIRED"... (EX-PI-RED....)(SO I REMEMBER WHEN TRIYING TO INSTALL APPS. WITH NO CERTIFICATE..)

THE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM IS VERY VERY SIMPLE...

JUST CHANGE THE PHONE DATE!!!!!!, GO BACK ABOUT A YEAR AGO, THE YOU WILL SE THAT THE INTERFACE OF THE APP. CHANGES, AND NO PREINSTALLED OPTION OF MAILING SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE, JUST POP/IMAP, LOTUS, AND MICROSOFT EXCHANGE, OR WHATEVER BE.

THEN, YOU CREATE YOU DESIRED MAIL ACCOUNT. THE SECOND STEP IS TO SET UP THE PARAMETERS, LIKE INCOMING EMAIL, OUTGOING EMAIL, PORTS, ETC,ETC. (JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS).

WHEN YOU GET FINISHED, JUST CHECK THE MAIL, AND IF EVERITHING IT'S RIGHT, YOU ARE GOING TO SE YOUR NEW EMAILS, IN THE INBOX.

THEN, JUST CHANGE AGAIN THE PHONE DATE,AND VOILA``!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LICENCE CONECTION EXPIRED PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO REINSTALLATION REQUIRED

NO HARD AND SOFT RESET NEEDED

NO PRODUCT CODE CHANGE NESSESARY

JUST, CHANGE THE DATE...........AND BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY!

Please use plain text.