Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia E5

Registered Member
raju_1

nokia E5

I just wanted to disable the Internet temporary as
sometimes I need it, isn't there any temporary way,
as I am using whatapp application on my phone
and it is automatically connecting to net, and its
charging me and the battery is also getting low
very soon.... is there any way??? nnamdiokon
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

This might be what you are looking for: closing and disabling active connections

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
satya284

well i cn understand ur prblm... It happens wid me too..... Wht i do is delete d internet setting wen my net pack is nt activated...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RMMc

Hello,

I have been having this problem for months now. I don't actually want to use my E5 for the internet so I never want it to be switched on. Back when I bought the phone I accidentily clicked on the internet tab once and my bills starting increasing by 50-70% because I found absolutely no way to turn it off. The 'connection manager' information you linked had no success on my phone - all I get is ''(no active connections)' - but there clearly is, I am being charged for them. The only way I managed to get my internet to stop previously was sending my phone away for repair and the entire handset being re-set. There has to be an easier way to stop connecting to the internet, otherwise this is a serious design flaw.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you never want to use the phone for Internet, delete ALL Access Points .. 

If you do not wish to use your Number for the same purpose, simply get the Data service deactivated thru' your Operator ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RMMc

[ Edited ]

I wasn't quite sure what you meant when you referred to 'access points' (as I've said, I really don't want to use the internet on it). 

I have just been clicked around my phone now and I hope to have amended my eternal internet connection - please tell me if this is correct:

Settings > Connection>Destinations>Internet (there were four access points here - I have now deleted them all). There are still some WAP services, would I want to delete these too?

I also went into 'packet data' and changed the Packet data connection to 'when needed' and High speed packet access to 'Disabled' 

I then went into 'Wireless LAN' and Show WLAN availability changing it to 'never' and Internet Connectivity Test  to 'never run'

So, I am assuming this will solve my problem? If you have any other suggestions please say.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

That should be fine.. Additionally you may request your Operator to discontinue the Packet Data service to make it foolproof ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RMMc

Thanks for the advice, I'll probably keep it available just for emergencies.

Please use plain text.