Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia e5 vlingo

sketch1347

nokia e5 vlingo

i tried to install vlingo on my e5 and the phone said it already was installed but the only sign of it i can find on the phone is in the help files and all the help info is in spanish. Help!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi sketch1347,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Try to reinstall the application again using Nokia Suite, here is the link to the application on Nokia Store. As Vlingo is a third party software, we unfortunately cannot help you to set it up or provide any support for it, but it seems that they have a rather good support section on their website. You can find it here.

Hope this helps!

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

sketch1347 wrote:

i tried to install vlingo on my e5 and the phone said it already was installed but the only sign of it i can find on the phone is in the help files and all the help info is in spanish. Help!

Normally, if an application is already installed and you try to Re-install / update.. it gives a prompt whether you want to re-install / replace the version .. If it just gives you a prompt to replace it, say YES ...

Please use plain text.
sketch1347

it says somethin different. I have seen that screen before. It came pre installed on the phone. I just wonder why it is in spanish. Its an e5-00 through straight talk, if that matters
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not sure..but check for any Firmware updates thru' Nokia suite..If not available then Re-install the existing version and check if it helps ...

Please use plain text.
sketch1347

i tried that. It says unable to install. Component is built in. Same as before but there is no icon for it anywhere. All there is is spanish help files. So reinstall my firmware? Will that wipe all my files, apps, etc?
Please use plain text.
srwcougar

i have the same problem and it is with nokia OS  on the E5 is what vlingo told me. I have no vlingo installed on my phone but i found vlingo under help in spanish for AT&T so once is see that  it  wont let it install on the phone. In my case my phone was re manufactor  an put on straight talk. But i talked with nokia and straight talk an there wore no help.They just need to come up OS fix for this problem. Like a firmware with no vlingo in or something that can remove any trace of vlingo .  For those with this problem.

Here is what Vlingo said.

Thank you for contacting Vlingo Customer Support. 

This is a problem with the software running on your phone. There are parts of Vlingo still "baked" into the software on your phone and so when you try and download the software it thinks that it is pre-installed on the phone. This is an issue that we are unfortunately not able to fix and because of this we are removing the E5 from our supported phone models. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

CMackay
Vlingo Support

Please use plain text.
srwcougar

reinstalling firmware update doesnt work , formating the memory card doesnt work, removing the sim card doesnt work, removing the menory card doesnt work, i dont all of this over 10 times and none of it worked. the vlingo help is still in it after reinstalling the firmware.

Please use plain text.