Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

"Clock Server" failure on startup

Counsellor
matthewkuhl

"Clock Server" failure on startup

Hey everybody
i have an E6 running Belle (111.130.0622) that will occasionally spit an error message at me on startup: Clock server application failure, or something like that. The system time is not wrong and all clock widgets seem to work just fine, so i am curious what this means. Has anyone else had this issue? It has been present since day one on Belle OS.
ματθαίος
E72-2 (071.004)
N8-00 (111.140.1508)
E6-00 (25.007)
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kirksnap

Re: "Clock Server" failure on startup

Hi matthewkuhl, 

Did you only encounter this after updating the software of your phone? If you have not tried a soft reset, you may try this basic troubleshooting first. You can reset some settings to their original values. Just follow the steps below: 

1. End all active calls and connections.
  2. Select Menu.
  3. Settings and Phone.
  4. Phone management.
  5. Factory settings. 
  6. Restore
  7. Enter the lock code.

Note that this does not affect documents or files stored on your phone. Only the settings will be set back to default one. After restoring the original settings, the phone switches off, and then on again. This may take longer than usual.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
matthewkuhl

Re: "Clock Server" failure on startup

[ Edited ]

Thanks for responding!

The phone was started up and then immediately updated to Belle, so i do not know if it would have done it in Anna.

i apologize for not being very "reset savvy" but is a soft reset and the power off until three vibrations the same thing? i gave that a go and it has not done it again, but it is a sporadic problem (if you could call it a problem at all). i guess my real question to the forum should have been "does anyone know what the 'Clock server' application is or does?"

ματθαίος
E72-2 (071.004)
N8-00 (111.140.1508)
E6-00 (25.007)
Please use plain text.