Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: reinstall windows live messager to e71

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

reinstall windows live messager to e71

can anyone help me reinstall windows live messager to my e71 i was having a blonde moment and removed it and dont know how to get it back it was peinstalled by nokia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mbamg

Hi there, you should be able to find it under your download menu...

If all else fails download and install it from here http://symbianv3.com/new-windows-live-messenger-perfect/

iPhone 5 32GB
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks the link you gave worked had to get the daughter to do it thou very greatful for you help
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Windows live its still not compatible with the E71

http://europe.nokia.com/A4487159
Please use plain text.
Sage
jabbafat23

Yes it is, for some weird reason though it isnt available via the Download! page. You can reinstall it via the link given above or look for it at mosh.nokia.com.

It came pre-loaded on my E71 and when I had to reset my phone it was an adventure finding the actual file to install. Just make sure that the version you install is 1.1.9000, that is the latest version that I have been able to find.

Nokia E71-1 (254.03)
RM-346
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mbamg

lucie72 wrote:
thanks the link you gave worked had to get the daughter to do it thou very greatful for you help
Pleasure :smileywink:

Please hit the solved key and if you feel fit hit the kudos key too :smileyhappy: 

iPhone 5 32GB
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
fdilbar

its fully compatible with E71 and i'm using it...download it from the 'download link' as stated above... :smileyvery-happy:
Best Regards,
Faisal Mohammad
Please use plain text.

Hey, thanks for the link.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nop its not available for my E71 under the download button.

Im not gonna download the application from a third part site cause im tired of my phone always freezing when i install unofficial applications.

Please use plain text.
Sage
jabbafat23

http://mosh.nokia.com/content/58343C0A84545A62E040050A443047F3/downloadToPc

Try this link, its the latest model for the E71 as well 1.1.9

I updated my firmware to 110 and it had the MSN messenger available for download from Download!

Nokia E71-1 (254.03)
RM-346
Please use plain text.
Contributor

If it is not available in the DOWNLOAD! sections,  go to DOWNLOADS!, the OPTIONS then REFRESH LIST. That will update your list with the latests recomended downloads (at least that's how it work on 3 network)
New to E71 after longo service on Palm and SE.
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

mbamg - ngiyabonga, you're a Star, and I'm a Sowetan! That link solves a similar problem I had with my E90. Thanks:smileyvery-happy:    Wow, all the ways my email can be delivered to me now!
6210, 6310i, N70, E90, N8
I've seen* the iPhone4/4S, iPad2, Moto RAZR and SIII for a few minutes - all very good. Lumia 820 (WP8) is a fantastic piece of work.

Symbian connected me to the world, to my dreams.. RIP, giant.
Please use plain text.

Seems Mosh is no longer available - I got redirected to Ovi Store which does not have the Windows Live Messenger download.

Does anyone know where I could get Windows Live Messenger on my E71?

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Symbian and Mosh by Nokia offered tested software alongside untested software at Nokia Beta Labs. Nokia closed Symbian and Mosh and opened Ovi - which is their store for mobile content - like the Apple store.

You can find Windows Messenger in the Download! Folder under Applications/Social Networks. Download! Has been sorted with the advent of Ovi - and still sources phone-specific content directly to you.
I've seen* the iPhone4/4S, iPad2, Moto RAZR and SIII for a few minutes - all very good. Lumia 820 (WP8) is a fantastic piece of work.

Please use plain text.
Sage
thundertiger

My Download! folder pops up a window telling you about Ovi Store and then only has an icon to download the Ovi Store app.  I am in the USA
E71-2 Grey Steel
type: RM-357 code: 0569371 FW: 410.21.010
08-02-2010 Nokia E71-2 (236.06)
Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

Try downloading the Download! folder/application here: http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/download

Works like a charm.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I recently re-installed FW 3.xx on my E71 as I found traces of virus. I used to install Windows Live Messenger from "Download!" menu of E71. Now the only icon it shows in "Download!" is Ovi Store. I installed Ovi Store and Windows Live Messenger is not yet listed in Ovi. Very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
liann

I've been trying to get Messenger on my E71 for days, and was so thrilled to see the link you posted, however every time I try to install it, it says: Certificate expired :smileyfrustrated:

Can you please help?

Please use plain text.
Sage
archie_

For expired certificates, you need to go to your phone's date & time settings and turn back time. In this case, for that particular installation, I think try early 2009 or 2008. Remember to correct the date after that or apps will not work.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nikki1234

[ Edited ]

I'm having a huge problem with my msn well today i signed in as usual and it was fine and than my session expired so I tryed to log back in and it would simply die on the please wait screen i tryed turning my phone on and off it did not work so i removed it and now when i go to the main site for downloading windows live messenger and click on download it pops up with a note saying SQL error and it says that it doesn't support remote connections :/ it worked fine before what do I do ?  I really need my msn :smileysad:  P.S  I am with three and on Pay Monthly also i do not have internet add on .. dad pays the bill so :/ 

Please use plain text.