Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: space bar problem on E72

Counsellor

space bar problem on E72

I have a strange problem on my new E72 - the space bar stops to work and I need to switch off the phone !

What is this problem ? Someone has the same problem Or is it my phone that is broken ?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Professor
twopuds

Do a search within the forum, I think you will find that you are not alone!

I have to say that I've not seen this problem on mine though.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I see that I am not alone as you said

But the E72 is very fast and it takes some seconds to swicth off and on

Sure Nokia will fix that soon 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I wonder if this problem is caused by the power saver ?

I remind the phone was ok until I installed a free power saver from ovi

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Don't know if the problems is associated with the time out or what but yesterday I tried to send a simple text message and after not getting the Spacebar to work, I had to cold boot the phone.  This is such a pain.  Why would Nokia release a model with soooooooooo many problems?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have removed the power saver and it seems to work

There are no problems on the E72 it is a very good phone much better than the E71

I really like it

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Nokia release many models with so many problems...just do a search.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I dont agree

The E72 works normally

It is better than my old E71

Nokia makes safe phones with non toxic materials, safe for the user, the charger will not burn, the battery will not explode as it happens with other brands. Maybe the phone doesnt look as flashy as the other brand but the technology is very good proven. For instance you can use the Nokia in full sun and you can read the screen. The GPS is very good. The dictionnary is very usefull - I have never this in any other brand

And Nokia has a strong system of updates that doesnt exist in any other brand 

Please use plain text.
Sage

I haven't had the space bar issue yet either, and am also happy with the E72 so far.  There are a lot of legitimate complaints about the E72 on these forums, but people seem to be missing the bigger picture and forgetting all the things that are RIGHT about it.  I knew about these issues before I bought it, as I always check these types of forums before buying something, but was swayed by the dozen or so journalist reviews I had read for the phone, which were positive.  Actually I have yet to read a negative review.  I trust that Nokia will do their best to improve their firmware - they are very good at supporting their phones post-launch.  

I have a couple friends with E72s who are also very happy so far - but people who are happy usually won't come and post on these forums.  :smileyhappy:  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Me too is facing the same issue. spacebar intermittently stops working and the only solution is to restart the phone.
However, that does not mean I am complaining. I love the E72 and its a great phone from Nokia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i found maybe the solution for the space bar bug

menu

ctrl. panel

settings

general

personalisation

themes

power saver

none

after that the space bar never stopped again for my phone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
johnverp

I thought this was a really well set-out solution. When I get there, however, I found that the power saver was already at 'None'.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes you must it to None and the space bar never disappear on my phone (the space bar is the long key)

Please use plain text.