Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: unable to open while sending - Nokia E7 (no An...

Counsellor

unable to open while sending - Nokia E7 (no Anna)

Hi guys,

my google widget got stuck with this ugly message.

Now it seems I can only delete the messages in outbox, but I DON'T WANT TO!!!

I tried everything, removing the password, putting the password again, etc

the only difference is that today I manage to download now emails (I wasn't able to get the latest emails in a couple of days, when the problem started) but still the outbox doesn't get synchronized.

Does anyone, please, have a workaround?

I need the stuff in that outbox folder, I can't remove the whole mailbox!

thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: unable to open while sending - Nokia E7 (no Anna)

(I'm talking about the gmail widget with the official mail client in the E7)

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

"outbox" in the E7's email client is specific and unique to the device. it does not sync with server. gmail does NOT have outbox, nor do other providers.

do you get push mail?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

metal_might wrote:

"outbox" in the E7's email client is specific and unique to the device. it does not sync with server. gmail does NOT have outbox, nor do other providers.

do you get push mail?

Hi, sorry for the stupid answer, but I do not know if I have push email.

I have one MfE mailbox synchronized (my work email) and then gmail.

How can I tell you if I have push email? And how would this help me solve the problem?

thank you!

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

never mind push email.

there is no work around. outbox is a E7 client specific folder and is not sync-ed. bad luck.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

metal_might wrote:

never mind push email.

there is no work around. outbox is a E7 client specific folder and is not sync-ed. bad luck.

So my only choice is deleting msg in outbox and remove the mailbox from the phone and reinstall it? Until it blocks again? :smileysad:

Just in case you have an E7, can you please tell me if "Anna" behave the same way? Can you open messages in outbox?

thank you for trying to help anyway.

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

am sorry i don't understand what your problem exactly is.

your native language is not english?!

let me guess your problem and try to help:

how have you configured your GMAIL email? Is it nokia messaging push email or IMAP or POP?

when you click send button, it goes and sits in the outbox. If the email is IMAP, the delivery is instantaneous, so you will not be able to open the email. 

if messages in the outbox do not get sent, you have to check the SMTP settings if POP or IMAP.

If you are using nokia messaging push email, pl contact nokia messaging help.

as for your problem, anna / pre-anna does not make any difference.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi,

Let me rephrase then.

I had my phone for months and gmail worked just fine. Suddenly (no configuration changed) it stopped sending emails out. They sit in outbox and do not get send. Password is correct since I can still get new emails.

Now I'd like to open the emails in outbox to save their content before removing and recreating the widget. But if I try to open an email in outbox it always says "unable to open while sending" no matter what I do. I tried to put the phone offline, to put a wrong password, to remove the current day from synchronization, but it never works.

What I'd like to achieve:

open the emails in my outbox to save their content before removing and reinstalling it.

I hope it is clear! :smileyhappy: thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bawbee

I have the same problem with POP mail access using O2 email. I have 2 mails stuck in the outbox because I had no network connection when I tried to send them.

Subsequently, when I got to a location with a signal, they did not get sent.  I can't open them to copy content either.

Does anyone have a solution?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glen_Sydney

I have the same problem with a Nokia N8 running Belle refresh. (updated a month ago).

Suddenly an increasing number of outgoing emails are getting stuck in the Outbox and if I click on them all I get told is:

"Unable to open while sending".

I cannot read them or move them, I can only mark them or delete them, which is no help at all as I need to remember what I wrote in them!

I get no warning of this, one was sitting there several days before I realised.

Any ideas welcomed please.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oskuz

I have the same problem coming from time to time. Sometimes full boot (Power&function buttons, long press) has helped, but not always. Now having the problem only with one of the two IMAP accounts. Would be nice to even get some error message from this, cause now it's easy to forget the thing until guys get angry on the other end.

Have heard that factory reset might help, but I'm afraid, that it's only full day's work for nothing.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Glen_Sydney

[ Edited ]

Just another frustration of life with a Nokia for me, running Belle Refresh on N8.

In my case I often discover emails stuck either in drafts or in outbox days after sending the email.   The annoying thing is you get no advice of this so only discover it my accident.   One should not have to check 'Sent messages' every time after sending an email !

The stuck emails will just sit there quietly whilst subsequent emails come and go.

By fiddling around I have found two possible workarounds:

1. If the email is stuck in Drafts, open the email, make any change (such as adding a space somewhere) and send it.  It should go.

2. When an email is stuck in Outbox, firstly I mark it as 'unread', then I go off line, send a text (SMS) to someone even myself, but it will not send because I'm off line........   I then drag down the notification thing on the home screen, click the text waiting in the Outbox, and usually this instead gives access to the queued email, I then forward the email to somebody (such as myself) and presto it is on it's way, at least back to me so that I can send it again (or I copy the text out of it and create it again).

One day Nokia will invent a phone that actually works, hopefully before we all buy Samsung Galaxy's.

Please use plain text.