Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

AGPS with Bluetooth GPS?

Advisor

AGPS with Bluetooth GPS?

Hi,

I'm using an N95 and I have some concerns with GPS usage:

- When I use the internal GPS with AGPS enabled the signal lock is quite fast (seconds), but battery life is quite low (about 1 hour or less).

- When I use a external Bluetooth GPS (Nokia LDW-3) y have a lot more battery life (more that 3 hours), but signal lock takes several minutes.

¿Is it possible to have the best of both worlds - which is a Bluetooth AGPS?

Thanks,

Jorge
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: AGPS with Bluetooth GPS?

Hi jserna

Presumably you are referring to using Nokia maps application. I find that using LD-3W with TonTom Navigator 6 on N95, it finds position much more rapidly than Nokia maps without AGPS.

Why AGPS is so rapid is that the number crunching from satellite data is carried out on a server rather than the local device.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.