Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C2-03 Map contents are not loaded in memory

dazzlingtanish

C2-03 Map contents are not loaded in memory

Hi, I recently bought C2-03. The ovi maps app loads successfully but the maps inside the app doesn't load. I tried downloading them through Nokia ovi suite but i don't know where it is storing them. If anyone have an idea, please help

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: C2-03 Map contents are not loaded in memory

In older Nokia S40 phones the map data was stored int he SD card. Have you checked it in your case ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@dazzlingtanish

As sudude points out map data is stored in E:\Cities\diskcache in (16) folders 0 - 9 and a - f although map detail is considerably less upon S40 devices.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
dazzlingtanish

[ Edited ]

@aspergerguy 

I found the (16) folders 0 - 9 and a - f  under diskcache in the mobile but when I open a file under those folders, it says "File format not supported". The file extension is ".cdt". Also, the map doesn't load by itself in the Maps app. Please provide solution if you know.

Also, I couldn't locate the files when I view it on my PC.

And, when I check this page http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download, I couldn't find C2-03 in the drop down menu. Although the phone specs say it supports maps.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@dazzlingtanish

Unfortunately Nokia S40 devices can be a law unto themselves when it comes to Nokia Maps as application has to be pre-installed in device firmware and there are also regional differences with some having it and some not; when I got a 3720 Classic there was a memory card included with regional maps pre-installed and consequently no issues.

There have been cases where users have deleted mapping data and then not be able to re-load using OVI Suite.

At best since your C2-03 does not have embedded GPS chip it would rely on network GPS for positioning and relying on cell tower triangulation gives only an approximate location.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
psrai

Nokia C2-03

The 10.00 MB memory is itself less but sizable proportion of this 10MB filled with applications which are rarely used makes many useful applications dam slow.  

Google mobile map application is not getting installed. At least I could not install despite several trials. However Mobile GMaps can be installed and it works fine. This map connects with external GPS device and makes real time GPS data available depending upon the device used. I'm using "65C GPS  data logger, Model BTGP-38KM" and it works fine. Several options are available in GMaps. I normally use fewer options because of low memory, and  "Yahoo India Map" or "Open Street Map (Mapnik)" with my external bluetooth GPS device; and these maps work fine.   Due to slow speed, finding directions takes time, and often fails though real time data I continue to get. I'll try in some more ways and some more options.

GMaps is in many ways better than OVI maps loaded in C2-03. Better download and use GMaps as a primary map application andc OVI maps as fallback arrangement.

Please use plain text.