Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can I use my 5230 as a remote GPS receiver for...

steveclecy
Accepted Solution

Can I use my 5230 as a remote GPS receiver for Autoroute?

The title says it really.  When connected to my laptop, Autoroute does not find the 5230 as a GPS receiver.  Is there a way of doing this?  Would be handy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Can I use my 5230 as a remote GPS receiver for Autoroute?

Try installing Symarctic ExtGPS on your 5230 from here:

http://www.symarctic.com/beta/static.php?page=extgps_download

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
steveclecy

Thanks for that.  Still a lot to learn about Apps - is my 5230 compatible with the 5800 ExpressMusic for Apps? (as mine is not in the list.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Technically they are almost identical and personally have never found application in either .sisx or .jar format that installs on 5800XM that wouldn't on 5230; apart from WiFi missing on 5230 and much slower Bluetooth transmission of data it's hard to tell them apart!

Please use plain text.
steveclecy

All done!  App worked a treat and now position viewable on Autoroute.  Thanks so much

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

steveclecy wrote:

All done!  App worked a treat and now position viewable on Autoroute.  Thanks so much

You're welcome and thanks for marking issue as solved as you are the only one whom can and also for the "kudos" awarded.

Please use plain text.