Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't rename / edit favorites through the web

Nikhilashish

Can't rename / edit favorites through the web

Hi,

I can't rename or edit my Ovi Maps favorites through the web. On the favorites sidebar, when I click on the edit icon for any item, the edit dialog does not open. Last week, everything was working fine.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Can't rename / edit favorites through the web

@Nikhilashish

You are correct that at time of posting although the "black pencil" which turns yellow when you pass mouse over it is there it is currently inactive.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Nikhilashish

@aspergerguy

Right now, the black pencil is active but I still can't rename / edit my favorites.

Thanks for your time. Have a nice day.

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Same problem for me, I've tried IE8 and FireFox3.5.

Please use plain text.
Nikhilashish

I hope, the Nokia people already know about this bug.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pompie

the same here and it is really annoying as there are other bugs like the collection function that have disappeared and have never been solved. Sadly it seems nokia is on the way down and this way will even drive away supporters. Please get yuor act together
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
myn1126

Hi all,

For assistance about any unresolved concerns or complaints about renaming or editing of Ovi Maps Favorites, we highly recommend that you directly send or voice out your feedback directly to Nokia by contacting local Nokia Careline via phone or email by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website.

Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Nikhilashish

Actually, I did. But they kept telling me how to add a favorite and where things are located. When I told them that there is a bug, they thanked me and did nothing.

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert

Sorry for the trouble, there's currently some issues in the editing feature at the Maps website and you can't edit the favourites. This is expected to be fixed in the next service release that should be coming out soon.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakivi

Hello,

This issue should be fixed now. I just tested and edit window opens normally.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Yes. Tested by me too...and its FINE ...

Please use plain text.
Oldvolvoman

I logged in to Nokia Maps and up popped a panel asking how likely I was to recommend Nokia Maps to a friend..... I will let you guess what answer I gave because I then addded a favourite using the post code, went to edit the favourite on my PC and Nokia maps would not let me, so I tried on my Mac at work, again it would not let me edit it. I contacted Nokia Support and got a very polite "look for the pencil icon" to edit favourites. Well.... yes I know that, that is why I said it did not work, I did not want to know "how to edit" I wanted to know why it would not edit! I tried again today... guess what.... it's still not working! Now let me see.... recommend to a friend......

Please use plain text.
mtrezende

I also can not edit http://maps.nokia.com in the name of the favorites. I click on the pen and nothing happens. Please check urgent!.
thanks, Mauricio Rezende

Please use plain text.