Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Do Nokia maps now include cyprus?

Advisor
epto

Do Nokia maps now include cyprus?

I've just noticed that on Flickr maps (which are powered by Nokia maps) that Cyprus has appeared, it just used to be blank. So tried to download Nokia map of Cyprus to my E7 and couldn't find it. Anyone know where it is or when it might come to the phone as well as Flickr?

MTIA

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

You won't find any detail for Cyprus irrespective of whether Nokia Maps is "Online" or not upon either Symbian devices such as your E7-00 or the latest Windows Phone 8 ones!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Sage
smjohns

Nokia Maps for Belle, etc have just received an update in the last few days. Whilst Cyprus as a county is still not recognised or supported, if you zoom into the map, they have added basic European road level coverage, which means only the main roads are now visible when viewing at 20mile scale. No place names are visible at any scale. As soon as you start zooming in closer than 15mile scale all road detail disappears and you see nothing but land.

I checked out the m.maps.nokia.com and alot more detail is available including main town names although the country is not formally named and the map detail is again basic European level main roads with no street level data in any part of the island.

Nokia is now the ONLY mapping solution not to recognise Cyprus as a country or support it in it's mapping solution. Shame on you Nokia !!!!

If you are travelling there then make sure you have an alternative, which will probably mean you will need roaming data (e.g. google maps).
Please use plain text.
Advisor
epto

[ Edited ]

Yes this is seriously annoying, particularly given that they support Cyprus elsewhere, e.g. Flickr:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

You do get this if "Online" upon Windows Phone 8 devices:

wp ss 20130717 0001

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Advisor
epto

thanks for the reply sccobyman, but I've an e7, and use the GPS offline :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.