Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Download Own Voice for Nokia Maps in Nokia Sto...

Advisor
ric_mart
Accepted Solution

Download Own Voice for Nokia Maps in Nokia Store

I'd like to download Own Voice for Nokia Maps in a X6-00 (16Gb) Symbian 5th edition phone. I tried to find it in the nokia store but I don't see the application there any more.

I created a voice pack some time ago that I would like very much to use in a different phone.

Thanks.

Ricardo

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Download Own Voice for Nokia Maps in Nokia Store

Did you check thru' Nokia Suite -->Maps-->Voice Guidance...?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ric_mart

Thanks farby, but i think this the voice you installed with the application, but not the application itself, i.e. you need you have the app first to make this option appear in your mobile.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check here ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Giordy8

I accepted to make an update to the Voice Set in Nokia maps and my children's voices guidance disappeared. I cannot dowload them anymore :smileyembarrassed: (like any other voice indeed). When the app was "updated" I briefly saw a basket, but I was not fast enough to stop the "update".

I cannot speak English so well: someone can help me to understand what exactly "RAMPING DOWN" means?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Giordy8

AFAIK feature due to be terminated on 31/01/12 as here:https://ownvoice.comms.ovi.com/ovi/

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ric_mart

I don't get the point in making this extraordinary application no longer available. Can anyone explain it to me?

I've been a Nokia X6 user for almost two years. I'm thinking about changing my phone for a brand new Lumia 800, but I've almost changed my mind because of all the problems it seems to be having (speccially limited functionality of Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive compared with the Symbian Nokia Maps). On the other hand, if I keep my old Nokia X6 I'm losing capabilities as well (apps not working any more). So I'm seriously thinking about changing to an Android phone...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paullee357357

Does anybody have the install file outside of the OVI store?  OVI store has blocked download, even though it 1/31.

I don't understand why Nokia is shutting this down.  I only found out about Own Voice today, told all my friends how cool the idea is and now they all want Nokias.

I was really excited to download the app and start talking only to find out the app is blocked

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@paullee357357

You can find Own Voice v2.01.6 S60v5 for use with Ovi Maps v3.03 > 3.06 in "Online mode" easily enough, but not sure whether still functional now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ric_mart

@aspergerguy, could you explain please what do you mean by  "you can find Own Voice v2.01.6 S60v5 for use with Ovi Maps v3.03 > 3.06 in "Online mode" easily enoug".

How exactly can I do that? Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

ric_mart wrote:

@aspergerguy, could you explain please what do you mean by  "you can find Own Voice v2.01.6 S60v5 for use with Ovi Maps v3.03 > 3.06 in "Online mode" easily enough".

How exactly can I do that? 

I can't provide links to unauthorised sources of Nokia software, but there should have been enough detail there perhaps to conduct a "Google" search.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pengduoming

This app was one of the five or so reasons that I bought the N8. I hadn't got around to making my "own voice" pack until just after the New Year when I found out it was being sadly discontinued. As the Nokia Store no longer had it, and the web version no longer worked I managed to find a way to download the .sisx file and install it from Nokia suite. It took rather longer than the five minutes expected to record all the instructions (with a six year old, a four year old and the wife) but it was well worth the effort!

Now friends are asking me how they could do the same thing and I'm quite embarrassed to say that it's probably no longer possible with Nokia now (though they all seem sure they can download such an app for their iphones or Androids I'm not so sure).

Well I hear that I will be able to use my voice pack (and another I managed to create before the 31 Jan deadline), which is ok for me. But - I'm now being advised to download the wonderful Belle upgrade from Anna. So, two questions:

If I upgrade from Anna to Belle will I still be able to use Nokia Maps with my own voice packs?

Would Nokia be prepared to release an unsupported version of their software that is used to create the voice packs so that we could create new ones ourselves with our own hardware? Most people I know see this as a distinct selling point of Nokia phones - something rather rare these days...

Any info from someone in the know gratefully received - let me know if I should start a new discussion on this.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

pengduoming wrote:

If I upgrade from Anna to Belle will I still be able to use Nokia Maps with my own voice packs?

AFAIK Own Voice only works with Ovi Maps v3.03 > 3.06 and installing Belle will update to v3.08 11wk47 b04

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pengduoming

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've just checked the version of Maps on my phone with Anna and it says:

v3.08 11wk41 b02

MW OpenGL MN

Map version 0.2.45.109

This suggests that the Belle version may well work, but I'm concerned that it will wipe the "Own Voice" application and that I won't be able to install it again and find the voice packs I've already created. It would be great to have confirmation that my voice packs would still work with Belle.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pengduoming

Any response from Nokia on this? Can I or can't I use Own Voice on Belle on the N8?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Giordy8

I'm VERY VERY willing to downgrade to 3.06 if this gives me back OWN VOICE with my kids' voices. This was one of the main reasons to give up to buying Samsung Galaxy SII a couple of months ago.

Is there someone who can help to downgrade and get again OWN VOICE?

I  W A N T  I T  B A C K...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@Giordy8

What device and whether Anna or Belle with which current version of Nokia Maps installed?

Here are screenshots from N8 Belle running Nokia Maps v3.06 installing Own Voice although I haven't yet gone the final stage of downloading one yet:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Giordy8

@

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Giordy8

In order to remove the Nokia Maps Suite 2.0 package from the device, the following needs to be removed in (Menu -> Settings -> Installations -> Installed applications):

• Drive
  • Guides
  • Headless Map and Navigation
  • Map and Navigation
  • Map Apps
  • Maps Settings Plugin
  • Nokia Maps
  • Nokia Maps Engine
  • Nokia Maps ODML
  • Nokia Maps Suite
  • Nokia Public Transport
  • Places Widget
  • Qt AdConnector
  • SyncShareV2Quick
  • Weather

Must admit that I didn't remove Weather as had widget upon homescreen and seemed to keep working.

More in this thread about downgrading to http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/ovi_maps_installer_3.06_11wk23_b05_tb9.2_...

in this thread:/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Maps-3-08-how-to-roll-back-to-3-06/m-p/1239785/highlight/true#M38395

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Giordy8

@aspergerguy

Thank you for all yr co-operation in this matter!

I will cancel all this items from the menu and re-install 3.06 or 3.08, but how/where do I get Own Voice again, afterwards?

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.