Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Downloading maps offline on a PC

Advisor
jowin92
Accepted Solution

Downloading maps offline on a PC

I have bought a nokia 603 and the gps app was working on it fine then I updated to nokia belle fp1 then the maps app is not working... It seems the maps have been deleted... And I dont use internet connection so I need to have the maps downloaded on it... I am having a Pc connected with internet but it is infected... and I can't connect mobile with It for downloading maps... But I have laptop without net but without viruses too... Is there a way of downoading maps of india, mumbai, without using maploader or any software??.,.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@jowin92

Unfortunately you will need an internet connection, but no software required to download.

Here is both India or just Maharashtra and Goa

Instructions for manually installing using method outlined by ovikovi HERE 

On a fresh installation would also need Clientindex Asia

Just ask if any further help needed, decompress .zip has (16) folders 0 - 9 and a - f  accept any prompts to overwrite/replace files in destination of either E:\Cities\diskcache or F:\Cities\diskcache as appropriate upon Windows PC.

Please note that manually installed maps do not appear as installed upon device maps index but will be perfectly functional.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jowin92

On extracting clientindex there are many folders where should I store the files extracted from clientindex?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

jowin92 wrote:

On extracting clientindex there are many folders where should I store the files extracted from clientindex?

If there isn't a folder already create either E:\cities\diskcache\ClientIndex or F:\cities\diskcache\ClientIndex as appropriate.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jowin92

I downloaded the maps and installed on my device when I open nokia drive or maps I am able to see the location names, roads etc but My device is not able to get a gps lock even after 15 minutes on the outside How can I get the gps lock?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@jowin92

If there is no data connection either via Network or WLAN so totally dependent upon Integrated GPS it could easily take up to 20 - 30 minutes for first positional lock.

Using Belle FP1 upon 700 with Nokia Maps v3.09_12wk09_b05 postional lock is almost instantaneous inside dwelling where WiFi/Network GPS positioning method is so utilised.

Please use plain text.
Jowins

Hello.. Can I have the link for downloading chennai, tamil nadu offline maps
Please use plain text.