Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Sync...

Registered Member

Re: E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchronising or Sign in the Ovi account

Same to my E52.

When opening the application it crashes directly.

I cannot enter any menu without rebooting the mobile.

Please Help

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roz_n97

Re: E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchronising or Sign in the Ovi account

Maps works fine on my N97, but when I try to share my location through Facebook it comes back with "email or password was not recognised". I've re-entered both a number of time (correctly) - same thing...?

Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same crash problem with my E72-1 software version 022.007

Nokia please provide a hotfix for Ovi Map v.3.03 to fixe this proble.

/Per

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

FWIW this isn't going to stop me getting an E72. If you consider that the connection to your Nokia account only serves to sync your favourites/landmarks and routes, is it that important? The handset will still give you satnav directions if it's not connected to your Nokia account, and I'm sure a fix will be released in due course.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

As yet we have no release date, but we are working on a fix that we are hoping to make available soon.

FYI - the cause of the crashes when signing in to the Ovi account looks to be an issue with the Single Sign On process.

As grschinon has said it only affects the Syncronising with Ovi and the Share Location.

I will update as i get more info.

Cheers
Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for the feedback Chris! *two thumbs up*
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Thanks - good to know you're working on it.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Chris: Thanks for updating us on the issue.

/Per

Please use plain text.

Hi People,

I had the exact same issue on my E52 FW 22.009.

After upgrading to FW 31.012 the Maps account sign-on/synch works flawlessly.

Cheers,

-JJ

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

pats - what country are u in? im in the uk - and cant do a firmware update over the air yet - its not available yet - or is it via pc suite?

E52 - Product code 0585050
Please use plain text.

I'm in Finland. I did the upgrade over the PC Suite. The size of it was 147 MB, so it might be a little bit painful over the air if available.

Not sure if the availability of the upgrade is somehow operator related...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

@kingsimz:

V22 has not yet been released for UK-specific product codes. Traditionally, we lag behind the rest of Europe by a few months because one of the many organisations involved in signing off on firmware intended for UK can't get its act together.

If you got your phone through an operator then the chances are that it's a branded phone and that means a whole new set of problems: http://linux.sgms-centre.com/nokiafaq/branded-phones/

I'm extremely lucky in that I got an unbranded, unlocked E72 from Virgin Mobile. It's still a UK product code, though.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I had the exact same problem on my E52 FW 22.009

Find a fix please :-(

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

@Loofy_E52:

Please see further up this thread: /discussions/board/message?board.id=navigation&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=16851#M16851

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchronizing or Sign in the Ovi account

cbidlake wrote:

Hi,

As yet we have no release date, but we are working on a fix that we are hoping to make available soon.

FYI - the cause of the crashes when signing in to the Ovi account looks to be an issue with the Single Sign On process.

As grschinon has said it only affects the Syncronising with Ovi and the Share Location.

I will update as I get more info.

Cheers
Chris

We now have a fix available. Please visit

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?comp=Maps%2C+Nokia+Here+and+Now&fullcontent=true&cnt=1&page=1...

The .sis file needs to be installed to your device via PC Suite. Once installed it will fix the Single Sign on issue that has been affecting the following devices  : E52, E55, E72.

Huge thanks to Grschinon and Gics for helping us with validating this fix.

KR
Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchronizing or Sign in the Ovi account

Perfect! Thanks!

Let's now hope someone fixes the Facebook app so that the map actually shows my position, not the whole of Europe.

Well, it works when I update manually in the app, but when I update from the phone it doesn't.

A new thread maybe? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andreaccs

Perfect!!!!!

I installed the update in my ohone and now everything is working fine!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

just for your info:

with "SETTINGS" - "INTERNET" - Connection "OFFLINE"

when i go to "OPTIONS" - "ACCOUNT" - "NOKIA ACCOUNT" - thean SETTINGS it ask for connecting but it doesn' t show the account info/detailf

If i change to "SETTINGS" - "INTERNET" - Connection "ONLINE" everything is SUPER!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

No problem, Chris. I was glad to help and I got the fix 9 days before everyone else :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

Thanks cbidlake for helping us whit the fix .

I`ve intalled the fix and it solved the problem whit sync and i can log in whit my nokia acount

It woked for me.

But i have not try to use it offline only online it worked for me,but i hope i woks offline too....

Please use plain text.
Wojtek78e52

Hello!

I have the same problem.

I have installed : 32_0_2_S60SOA.sis

but it has not helped my E52.

My topic: /t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Ovi-Maps-today-stopped-working/td-p/648315 

My greetings

-Wojtek

Please use plain text.