Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchron...

Advisor
andreaccs

E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchronising or Sign in the Ovi account

Hi Guys,

I just installed the Ovi Map with free navigation after clearing some space in the c drive as the installation was moaning about not enough space.

The installation then finish correctly and now after the installation i have mofr than 15mb free.

When i launch the Ovi Map it does work fine, very fast!, the compas work nice the gps is faster than before but when i go to synchronize my favourite the application crashes.

If i go to Options - than account - and than click on nokia account the application crash

If i go to  Options - than account - and than click onshare location settings the next menu with facebook appear but the application goes back to the ACCOUNT menu (where i can see the "nokia acoount" and "share location settings"

Please help!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchronising or Sign in the Ovi account

Hi andreaccs,

Can you check that you are in Online mode?
You can check by returning to the Home Screen, then selecting Options > Settings > Internet > Connection > Online.

Other things to check would be:

• That you have a data plan
  • Device is not in Offline profile
  • The destination you are using for Maps when in Online Mode works outside of the application (check by opening an mobi internet site.

Cheers

Chris

Although i work for Nokia, my opinions are my own!

Got a Maps query? Check our Maps FAQ's
Please use plain text.
Advisor
andreaccs

Re: E52 - Ovi Map v3.03 10wk01 b05 Crash when Synchronising or Sign in the Ovi account

Hi Chris,

Definetly in Online mode tried to get satellite map very fast in HSDPA.

O2 Data Plan working fine as the maps are downloaded

Device in "General" profile

Don't understand the destination your are mentioning but definetly the NOKIA account and the OVI account are working and i can browsee the mobi website without any problem...

BTW my E52 is a SW 022.009 RM 469

Let me know if you need any more info.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, furthermore the compass is not working at all. It is white and does not want to show the direction.

I can't find any setting regarding the compass. Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

I am currently looking in to the Crash - i will get back to you when i have more information.

RE: Compass. Assuming your device has a compass built in (check your device manual) you need to activate the compass to user it.
See this post on how..

/discussions/board/message?board.id=navigation&thread.id=16098

Cheers

Chris

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply, now compass is working. I just had to press the button 5.

Regarding the other problem I solved it by changing the destination in internet settings to other than Internet while offline was set. I went back changed back to Internet. Went back again and changed from offline to online. Now it is working fine.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

Can other users with this issue confirm if this is resolved by changing then connection while in offline mode?

KR

Chris

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andreaccs

Unfortunately didn't work for me...

i did change the internet connection meanwhile offline and between every change i actually restarted the application

offline - restart

change internet to wap - restart

change wap to internet - restart

online - restart 

nothing still crashing 

also from menu - share location same thing crash of the application

i also did the same test with wireless and 3g internet connection 

i also uninstalled the application and tryied the old synchronization on the OVI MAP 3.01 everything is working fine

than i install the OVI MAP 3.03 and back in the same issue the application crash when i try to use synchronization or share location but the connection for downloading map and satellite view work fine

thanks for any suggestion

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Crashed also on my E52, when started first time. After the phone reboot, it worked fine.

It seems there is a common problem in E52: accessing internet when navigating through a menu leads to crash, the same is happening in Nokia Email 2.0.5.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
andreaccs

Forgot to mention i restart the phone different times same issue crashes....

Please help NOKIA!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Exactly the same problem with share and accounts on my E72. (022.007 firmware, 3.03 maps)

Share location bounces back. Account settings crash program.

@cbidlake ; did try the offline settings.

/Sebastian

Message Edited by Seb_Martin on 22-Jan-2010 10:34 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Same issue here regarding the application crashing when clicking nokia account and share location. I am using an E72 with original FW 021.024

also thanks for the updates, It is nice to see a team working flat out to resolve any situation (same cant be said for Vodafone in releasing the FW update for the e72, they could learn a think or 2 from you guys! keep it up) 

Message Edited by Kurisu87 on 22-Jan-2010 04:31 PM
Please use plain text.

I have an E55 and I am having the same problem. Top of the Menu screen says please sign in, but any attempt to sign in via Options>Account>Nokia account results in application crashing.
Please use plain text.

Please somone can help it wouldnt work for me to, i have exactly the problem the other guys....
Please use plain text.

Please can somebody  help me it wouldnt work for me to, i have exactly same problem like the other guys....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem with E52
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]
Just to add my voice to the choir...

Same problem here on an E72, and the "changing network destinations" thing didn't solve it.
Message Edited by grschinon on 24-Jan-2010 09:12 AM

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

...a software error?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

this may sound silly - but my phoens stuck on about 6.6mb free onm y c drive, and i CANTTT install all of ovi because it keeps saying memory full? :smileyfrustrated:
E52 - Product code 0585050
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Well, OVI Maps 3.03 does require around 20MB of space...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.