Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6 - Garmin XT

Advisor
bumek

E6 - Garmin XT

Yes, i am aware of the free choice of Ovi Maps, but still I'm used to Garmin navigation on my E series.

I just got an E6, and i've installed the latest 5.00.50 Garmin. It does work, but the screen for navigation is duplicated? Does anyone know how to fix that?

Screen capture:

Garmin

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

Re: E6 - Garmin XT

I GUESS (means I don't know for sure) that the Garmin SW does not yet support the higher screen resolution of the E6 (at least that is what it looks like to me) - the E6's screen is the first one with a 680x480 resolution, all the other Symbians before the E6 had lower resolution if my information is correct. In this case, you will have to get back to Garmin and ask if and when they will support the E6.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bumek

Which they probably won't support, because the last update from their sde was in 2009...

Guess it's hard to compete with free nokia maps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fabianbono

Look in google for 5.00.60 update, that patch solves the problem of "broken map".

Please use plain text.
Contributor
diamant01

You are wrong. Garmin 5.00.60 solves nothing in terms of split screen problem in Nokia E6.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tongsatriani

well, the fact is Garmin 5.00.60 did solve the broken screen on my E7.

yeah, 5.00.50 version is giving me the above screenshot.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
diamant01

E6, which this thread is about, has a higher resolution screen than E7 and version 5.00.60 doeesn't fix the splite screen problem on E6.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

In the absence of Garmin support, just to clarify that version in this screenshot does NOT give split screen upon E7 running Symbian Anna:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
diamant01

E6 has a higher screen resolution than E7 and any other Nokia phone. Hence, Garmin doesn't give you a split screen on those phone. For E6, it does.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chipolote

someone might solve the problem of displaced in the garmin screen?

I have the same problem of the screen.
What should I do?
thanks
regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

chipolote wrote:

someone might solve the problem of displaced in the garmin screen?

I have the same problem of the screen.
What should I do?

Unfortunately there appears no solution to this issue, as this old application never envisaged a change in available screen resolutions!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
cris2d2

It seems that Garmin Mobile XT is not that flexible when it comes to display resolution. I remember nav'n'go IGO, for other platforms, has this kind of tweak, where we can set the resolution in a text file (if it has, of course, the requested resolution files).

Too bad Garmin is not working on E6, I'm using it on my older E66 and it works great, the most complete map for my country (Romania).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ferchofercho

Hi there I finaly found a work arround for E6 and XT, its not the happiest thing but at least it work fine, the only way to make that it works is disable 3D navegation map, so it means that you can change the map view to follow path or north on top, it will show just what your resolution can support and 2 grey lines on both map sides, at least it works....

Please use plain text.