Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 - map update problem

Advisor
Regi

E6 - map update problem

Hi,

Today I updated the map software (it was a 16mb file). After the update, map is not working as expected. Now when I press map icon, it opens the map of the locality (with 'searching for position' on top). It is not giving the options to choose drive/ walk/ favorites etc. 

Practically map is of no use now. Can somebody please help?

Thanks, Regi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you installed this ?

You may need to login with the same credentials that you use on this Forum..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Regi

Hi Farby,

I got the prompt for update from the mobile when it was online. Hence, I am not sure if this is one. Where do I get a log of the update? Can I cancel the update and set it back? 

My credentials are same.

Thanks, Regi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You may download it from Beta Labs and try Installing...Most probably this is not yet present on your phone..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Regi

Hi,

I just tried it. But for E6, it is compatible with Belle software only. I don't want to install Belle now and get into even more problems.

Is there anyother way out of this??

Thanks very much, Regi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Regi

Whilst in Nokia Maps application can you tap on "cogs icon" at base of screen > Extras > About Maps > Versions - is it v3.08_11wk47_b04?

If you want to revert to v3.06 un-install as many as these as applicable using the Application Manager:

• Check In
  • Check In Agent
  • Check In Data
  • Check In Widget
  • Create a Place
  • Drive
  • Guides
  • Headless Map and Navigation
  • Map and Navigation
  • Map Apps
  • Maps Settings Plugin
  • ODML Commons Repository
  • Nokia (Ovi) Maps
  • Nokia (Ovi) MapsEngine
  • Nokia (Ovi) Maps Installer
  • Nokia (Ovi) Maps ODML
  • Weather

(Helpful Hint: Unistallation process is faster if you uninstall “Ovi Maps” and “Ovi Maps ODML” first.)

Install v3.06 from here:http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/ovi_maps_installer_3.06_11wk23_b05_tb9.2_...

I have placed "Weather" in italics as I did not want to remove but keep Weather widget on homescreen!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Regi

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed reply. 

Yes, the version is v3.08_11wk47_b04.

When I try to uninstall (setting->application manager->installed apps.), I could find only 'Check in Data' from the list you have provided (there is 'Ovi'/'Ovi Store'/'Vingo'etc. etc.). Is it required to remove only this?

Please clarify how to uninstall Ovi Maps/ Ovi Maps ODML.

Thanks, Regi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Regi

Unfortunately your E6 is a little newer than my N8 so unfortunately more features may be locked into device firmware; have now manged to look at E7 running Anna and seen how different it appears

Don't tamper with Ovi Store!

As you can't unfortunately remove v3.08 from your E6 the ramifications of installing v3.06 over it are discussed in this thread:http://discussions.nokia.co.za/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Maps-3-06-and-Belle/m-p/1300615/highlight/...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Regi

Thanks for your help.

I don't think I will load the earlier version. I will wait for next update or patch and till then I wont use maps. It is quite irresponsible to launch update without testing thoroughly.

Frankly I am quite disappointed with this product and Nokia in general. They dont have the capability to produce or support smartphones.

Thanks, Regi

Please use plain text.