Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E63 Maps Updater Error Cannot get enough infor...

Mobile Guru
sockatume

Re: E63 Maps Updater Error Cannot get enough information about the phone[3]

I'll try it tonight myself, maybe they're finally fixing it.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
szige

Re: E63 Maps Updater Error Cannot get enough information about thephone[3]

Hi, could you pls provide me with maps and index files for Germany and Hungary?

Thank you in advance!

Please use plain text.
marcoRJ

ovikovi wrote:

marcoRJ wrote:

Where I am wrong?

Is there a way to use my E63 as a GPS terminal including voice guidance without to buy a separate bluetooth GPS?

You need a separate bluetooth GPS unit for the E63. The Holux M-1000 is recommended.

Finally I bought the Holux M-1000 and it works very well, including voice guidance.

Thank you very much for the good suggestion ovikovi!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roadrunnerges

Ovikovi - would you be kind enough to post the link for a UK map for the N95 rather than the full European version.

Thanks in anticipation

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hmd_

Ovikovi wrote:

Have you tried creating the ClientIndex folder yourself?  

Hi,

I am having similar problem with my e63.

Have installed;

http://static.s2g.gate5.de/nokiamaps-client/nokia_ maps_3.01_09wk44_b01_s60_3.1_lm_rom.sis

on the E63.

As ClientIndex folder did not exist, i created one and copied the files unzipped to this folder.

The maps however, still doesn't work for me.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sphinx186

Firstly, I cannot thank you enough for your Maps 3 link! I tried to update my map through loader and updater, and when that didn't work I uninstalled maps thinking I can download it again, and the FRUSTRATION of not being able to was unbelievable, until I stumbled on your thread 5 hours later. I use an N79 and your link worked perfectly, and surprisingly all my fabourites were still there! which was strange, but very pleasent. Any idea why? despite the fact I uninstalled maps at the begining? 

Can I ask for a fovour please, I too am not able to use map updater and keep getting the same error message. Can you please post an updated map for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one for the middle east, as I am currently working in abu dhabi and travel a lot.

Thanks heaps!!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
n95_abuser

[ Edited ]

Hi got a n95-1 updated to latest firmware (35,0,002) now maps won't load at all. was working before firmware upgrade.

Having same prob with loader ie cannot get enough info etc, but when trying to load nokia_maps_3.01_09wk44_b01_s60_3.1_lm_rom.sys my phone says not supported, if I try to force nokia_maps_3.03_10wk11_b04_s60_3.1_rom.Nocs.sys to load my phone goes through the loading steps and evenually trips out with no access.

like I said above worked with earlier firmware but does not want to play now at all, deleted files as in earlier posts but no change.

Any ideas people - cheers 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
maps_problems

I have same issue with my N96

TaYSeN444
Please use plain text.
n95_abuser

hmmm

looking at how long this problem is going on for and the LACK of info coming out of nokia, I'm seriously looking at the new iphone.

Perhaps Apple look after their customers, be hard to do worse, bad news is better than no news, I can't see a lot of concern from nokia  in this thread

NOKIA this is a message to you, if you don't at least keep people up to speed on this, you will lose a lot of customers, starting with me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jurpaw

Many thanks dear nokia

i just switched to GOOGLE MAPS and this is great

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anttiah

jurpaw wrote:

Many thanks dear nokia

i just switched to GOOGLE MAPS and this is great

If only I could mark that one as the solution :smileywink:

Help spreading the knowledge — If you find my answer useful, please mark your question as Solved by selecting Accept this solution from the Options menu. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
seezov

same here... it is a shame !... thinking in changing phone

Please use plain text.
Ryvaeus

ovikovi, I see you have supplied the index files for Asia here: http://static.s2g.gate5.de/map5/maploaderzip-00.01 .23.112/Asia.zip

Could you please also post a link to the map files for Asia, and - if it's not too much trouble - specifically for the Philippines? Thank you very much!

Please use plain text.
gelatoman

Thank you ovikovi for your extremely detailed and well written instructions! It definitely helped me out.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dupvinc

Hi all,

do you know if this problem will be fixed one day or if this program will disappear?

Please use plain text.
Sage
LarsErik

Got an update from firmware 50 to firmware 51 for my 5800.

But I still can't update my maps. Still says it can't get the info from my phone.

Someone suggested in another thread that I have to uninstall OVI Maps.

And the delete the CITIES folder. And then reinstall and download maps (Map Loader).

But I have allready tried that, and wouldn't that losse all my bookmarks and places too?

--
Lars-Erik Østerud - http://www.osterud.name/nokia.html
Please use plain text.
mkokocinski

Hello everybody. 

Thanks ovikovi. I have done everything what you said and everything works in my E63. But

I have one question. There is free nokia car voice navigation for E63???? Becouse nobady can answare me. 

My navigation works only when I will buy license. It isn't free? Why? Free navigation from Nokia it is not for any device???

Michal

Please use plain text.
tink_different

same problem on my E52:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
timo_04

I am having problems with the maps for E63 as well. It is not getting GPS connection. It used to be updated when it comes to my positions even though I'm offline but it doesn't seem to work any more. any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrowserD

Hi Ovikovi,

Just wondering if you could provide a Switzerland link? I'd be very grateful! Thanks for all your help to people on this thread - great work! DD

Please use plain text.