Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E71 problem with Ovi Maps options

Registered Member
NedialkoMM

E71 problem with Ovi Maps options

I have installed OVI Maps on my Nokia E71. At first everything was OK. Then it turns out that I can't go to opitons->Internet. This means I can't choose the internet provider so the phone can't go to the internet and find data for my trips. When I go to Opitons and choose Internet, the program closes and brings me back to the main menu. I can't delete the program. I have re-installed it several times and the issue still remains. Whah should I do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

You could try resetting the phone and the reinstalling Nokia Maps.

First backup your data because you will lose all your data on the phone with the reset. Then reset the phone using the *#7370# code. Then download and reinstall the latest version or Nokia Maps.

Please use plain text.
Sage
OzRob

NedialkoMM wrote:

I have installed OVI Maps on my Nokia E71. At first everything was OK. Then it turns out that I can't go to opitons->Internet. This means I can't choose the internet provider so the phone can't go to the internet and find data for my trips. When I go to Opitons and choose Internet, the program closes and brings me back to the main menu. I can't delete the program. I have re-installed it several times and the issue still remains. Whah should I do?

This problem usually occurs when the firmware is upgraded and, after the upgrade, the phone settings are restored from a backup rather than being re-entered manually. I had this problem and fixed it by running the attached sis file (you will need to download the file and rename it with .zip extension, and then unzip it). This originally came from Nokia Support to fix another forum members problem with a different phone model. I ran it on my E71 and ignored the incompatibility message. The sis file restores all Maps options to their default state, which stopped it crashing out on my E71. From there I just re-entered the Maps settings.

The other option is to do a factory reset of the phone, re-enter all phone settings manually (not from a backup restore) and reinstall the latest version of Maps.

If I've helped you, you can thank me by clicking the green 'kudos' star on my post. Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frostyboy

[ Edited ]

It's just as well that Nokia's [smartphone] future no longer depends on its ability to write software.

Please use plain text.