Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: ExtGps Symbian Belle Nokia C7 and Windows 7 (6...

Counsellor

ExtGps Symbian Belle Nokia C7 and Windows 7 (64 bit and 32 bit starter).

ExtGps application on  Symbian Belle Nokia C7 and Windows 7 (64 bit and 32 bit starter).

The Serial port service is not discoverable on this device on Windows 7.   I connected OK with USB cable and think the idea is good.  Anyone that have solved this or know what the problem is in Windows and why this is not supported.  (I have another similar developer debug agent installed and this is discoverable in Win 7).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: ExtGps Symbian Belle Nokia C7 and Windows 7 (64 bit and 32 bit starter).

@allanmap

Don't think that you will have much success with Windows 7but you might like to look at this thread:/t5/Maps-Navigation-and-GPS/Anyone-got-ExtGPS-working-on-Symbian-Anna-N8/m-p/1285175/highlight/true#...

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

ExtGPS has been updated since that thread and is now available in the Nokia Store as a released version and is said to be compatible with the C7. At that time it only supported bluetooth connectivity which was problematical with Windows 7 64 bit on some (maybe all) Nokia phones.

In the released version USB connectivity has been added and that works fine with Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit on an N8 and I suspect all other Symbian phones as well, but one may find that bluetooth still does not work.

Maybe the OP is using the old beta version or if using the released version from the Store has not tried USB.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It works OK on Nokia C7 Belle.  (As the application starts).  But the service is not discoverable via Bluetooth from the PC.  It connects OK with USB, tried Google Earth OK with USB. 

It does not show up on PC, the Service on BT, on either 32 or 64 bit Win 7 otherwise I think the application idea is very good and it would be that hard to fix this, but the error might be on the BT stack of couse in Broadcom or Microsoft.

Please use plain text.
Professor
cataholic

[ Edited ]

I should have read your original post more carefully as I now see you did mention you had used USB - so when I replied I was not sure if you meant the bluetooth service or that which creates the virtual USB COM port.

I have also had a very quick play with an N8 (Anna) trying to get ExtGPS bluetooth working on an XP virtual machine (using VMware Player) on Win 7 64 bit PC as well but again did not work even though it does on an XP PC. But that may just be a limit of Player's support of bluetooth. USB did work on that too though.

Please use plain text.