Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Failed installation OVI MAPS 3.04

Counsellor
dax652
Accepted Solution

Failed installation OVI MAPS 3.04

I can not update the maps ovi 3.04 because fault in installation of new software (error number 5)

This happens after updating v 50 in NOKIA 5800.

Somebody can help me ?

thx

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

dax652 wrote:

I can not update the maps ovi 3.04 because fault in installation of new software (error number 5)

This happens after updating v 50 in NOKIA 5800.

Hi dax52

Firstly go to Menu > Settings > Application Mgr. > Installed apps. and uninstall first any existing versions of OVI or Nokia Maps, you can't remove version embedded in firmware by the way.

Secondly if that doesn't work and you have taken backup of all essential data, carrying out a "hard reset" will remove any existing entries retained by UDP = User Data Preservation feature and will then allow installation.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Counsellor
dax652

[ Edited ]

thanks for replying, I did everything as indicated but the problem persists , I do not know what is happening.

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi dax652

Try going to Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps and uninstall Open C LIBSSL Common, Open C LIBSSL Patch, Standard C++ library Common and Standard C++ library Patch, then reboot phone and then apply maps_installer_3.04_10wk17_b07_s60_5.0.Nocs.sis

Counsellor
dax652

Many thanks, scoobyman, now I resolved the problem with your help.
Once again, thank you.

Registered Member
lokeshu

Hi scoobyman.. can you please tell me one thign.. if i uninstall these things will the phone start again.. means will it work properly... sorry i am not asking a rude question but just a general query...

many thanks in advance...

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi lokeshu

If you mean going to Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps and uninstall any of these present: Open C LIBSSL,Open C LIBSSL Patch, OVI Maps Wi-Fi/Network Positioning, PIPS Installer, Share Location Agent, Share Location, Share Location Widget, Standard C++ Library Common, Standard C++ Library Patch, Symbian OS Pipes Upgrade, Symbian OS PIPS Upgrade & Upgrade for OpenC LIBZ Support - these all added when OVI Maps v3.04 installed so phone will start without them and no offense taken for such a sensible question.

Removal of above is advised in the context of either an "Error 5" message on trying to update to v3.04 or trying to revert to earlier version of OVI Maps because of issues.

Registered Member
jonso65

Im also using a nokia 6710 navigator.mine says  error coder 5 after failing to  install. what should i do?

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi jonso65

Although your 6710 Navigator is a S60 3rd Edition FP2 device AFAIK just follow the instructions to go to Application Manager as in post above for 5800XM. I don't know whether App. Mgr. is found under Ctrl. panel as on my E72 or not on your device.

Counsellor
mojoh_be

thands scoobyman,

Worked even for my C6-00 !

cheers

Counsellor

Great solution, thanks. This solved an update problem I was having with a 5800 from 3.04 to 3.06.

I had tried OTA, Ovi Suite and the .sis file via PC Suite and all failed.

This solution worked!!

Registered Member
Marek_West_Y

scoobyman, it's great advise. Works excellent when I try to change 3.04 to 3.06 in Nokia 5230 Navigator, when Ovi suite couldn't do nothing!
Registered Member
regholdsworth

I've been trying to update for the past couple of weeks getting endless failed messages and this finally cured my problem, many many thanks!