Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Favourites in Drive 3.0

Counsellor
mathe226

Favourites in Drive 3.0

I just got an upgrade to Nokia Drive 3.0. The main improvement seem to be that it's finally possible to use a favourite place as destination. But when I go to the favourite list it's empty. How do I synch it to show my favourite places?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Favourites in Drive 3.0

@mathe226

You do need to be "Online" all the time for it to be usable.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
johne_cheah

Look like no sync supported in this version. Hope it will add to next updated.
Another one is the favourite in Nokia drive is difference compare to Nokia map, Nokia drive cannot point to any place and save it as favourite but Nokia map can. It is important to me to save some specific place there is no in searching list.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

aspergerguy wrote:

@mathe226

You do need to be "Online" all the time for it to be usable.

I am online, but no difference.

So what's the difference causing this major change of version number from 2 to 3? Favourites, not able to synch with Nokia maps online or on the web, and a commuting function that's only available in some countries?

I fully understand that after a time, it's better rewrite an application from scratch instead of upgrading it. But could we just have the Symbian version of Maps ported to Lumia now, and Nokia could take the time they need to make something new and better. The current version of Maps+Drive is still a step backward of several years.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi mathe226,

Thanks for your feedback.

Nokia Drive v3.0 uses favourites locally only. At this moment it does not sync yet with Nokia Maps online. Nokia Drive for Windows phone is in active development however and as you may have noticed updates appear at regular intervals. We have forwarded this functionality to the development team and will inform you here if we receive any additional information we can share on this.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Coldain

Kosh,

I would really love to see Drive and Maps communicate with one another. It's quite frustrating to have all of my locations stored in maps and not have access to them in Drive, or having to add a new location twice (once for each app). This really doesn't make any sense.

I don't know if it's something with the APIs on WP7 but I really think locations/places should be something that are shared between apps. Store a location in Nokia Maps and have access to that location in any app that deals with location (Drive, Local Scout, other navigation apps). Even the people Hub could benefit from this. Editing a contact I could more easily add their locations that way I could easily navigate to their home or work, as well as, set up an appointment with them .

It sounds like WP8 APIs will be much easier at pushing addresses so maybe you're just waiting for that?

Please use plain text.
Coldain

Also (I know this doesn't go under this topic exactly but...) I would really like to see ETA on Nokia Drive. For some reason it's only on commutes. Why? I would love to know what time I should expect to get there. (It would be nice if this app could talk with appointments and such to be able to send a message to the person you're meeting with if you're going to be late, think the WP8 voice demo using Inrix) I really like Nokia and would be glad to support you guys in any way. Keep up the good work and hopefully you can provide us with a full bag of goodies.
Please use plain text.