Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 'Feature not supported' with maps 3.8 update v...

faffy

Re: 'Feature not supported' with maps 3.8 update via Nokia suite.

completed the steps described by childofthewo_mj (thanks! im not counting my chickens here!) - you sir...are a legend and a saint for posting this...no help from nokia suite required with gems like you around :smileyhappy: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...from a happy again non-tech-head :smileyvery-happy: bless ya bro
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

I feel blessed...

:smileytongue:

faffy wrote:
completed the steps described by childofthewo_mj (thanks! im not counting my chickens here!) - you sir...are a legend and a saint for posting this...no help from nokia suite required with gems like you around :smileyhappy: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...from a happy again non-tech-head :smileyvery-happy: bless ya bro

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

How do you accept a post as a solution? I don't see it anymore...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

The "Accept as solution" button is only available to the original poster.

Please use plain text.
meed_ramahi

Dears

this is not an acceptable solution ,

please tell me how to rollback to 3.06 maps, even the maps 3.08 are rediculous and not usefull

we always keep hope that nokia will do something good , it messed up things all the time

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ammarps333

and it said OPTIONAL :smileysad: shud have stayed away.. NOKIA PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Survival7

An absolute disaster. I went back to factory setting assuming this would eradicate the problem. No way, everything disappeared but the problem is still there. Now NOKIA have to take their finger out and do something ....

Please use plain text.
Slyone

I had a message telling me I had an update for Nokia OVI suite and that it had changed it's name to Nokia Suite.  I was then notified about a new MAPS update.  Foolishly I went ahead and pressed the kill your Maps button (Ooops, I mean the update maps button).

I really have had enough now Nokia. I have a 350 mile drive tomorrow (where I would usually rely on my Nokia Maps) and have spent the last 2 hours tonight trying to sort this piece of S. H. ONE. T. out. I wish I had never bothered to attempt this pathetic update tonight.  I got my N8 replaced after the first one failed twice and after having two failed Nokiacare repairs.  (SORRY to all you loyal Nokia customers out there reading this, but it is totally unacceptable) Nokia TAKE THIS UPDATE OFF YOUR SERVER NOW!!  Unless you really do want to lose every damn customer you still have left.

Please use plain text.
faffy

why are you all still whining when someone has taken the time to show you a fix???
follow the instructions in messages 14 and 15 which worked perfectly to resolve the situation for me...
you want results?then make the effort now that the poster of these messages has done the hard work for you (thx childofthewo)
otherwise quit moaning/product bashing.
**bleep** update...great phone
Please use plain text.
Slyone

OK faffy, I was very angry tho.  Many many thanks childofthewo it works for me too.

Just one question from me to Nokia, WHY?

Please use plain text.
letmeknov

I would ask.... HOW?
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

A) Stephen Elop hired someone from Microsoft into Nokia to sabotage the Maps app.

B) Eric Schmidt pooled all the Android Staff to hack the Nokia Server and insert this Update.

C) Steve Jobs (no offense meant) came out of the grave and doomed the Nokia Software Update Server as a post-Halloween joke to Nokia Users.

Honestly, people make mistakes. With the Beta App from Beta Labs out, people were relying on a smooth update. But note that the current update re-installs ODML Common Repository which was recommended by Beta Labs ppl to be removed from the phone because it is part of some old old Beta Software and never removed from the phone...

Hence, we come to the conclusion that there are more than 1 head and more than 1 pair of hands who updated this to the Nokia Update Server without consulting someone at Beta Labs who made the previous installer for 3.0.8.

;-)

My 2 cents!

Slyone wrote:

OK faffy, I was very angry tho.  Many many thanks childofthewo it works for me too.

Just one question from me to Nokia, WHY?

Please use plain text.
HSE2

Happened to me too. Not happy
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

I have same issue

Now no version of maps is working     which is bloody annoying !!!

please find solution QUICK Nokia

Please use plain text.
shalabhd

[ Edited ]

dEAR aLL ... EVEN I FACE THIS PROBLEM ... BUT AFTER READING SOME THREADS I WAS ABLE TO SOLVE IT .... HOWEVER BECAUSE OF INSTALLING THIS SH** UPDATE ... I HAD TO FACTORY RESET MY N8 ..... DONT WORRY GUYS ... IT CAN BE SOLVED ... FIRST U NEED TO UNINSTALL ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED APP USING EITHER NETQIN MOBILE SECURITY APP OR THROUGH ANY OTHER APP UNINSTALLER .

THEN AFTER REMOVING THESE APPS RESTART UR PHONE AND THE DOWNLOAD " ovi_maps_installer_3_06_11wk10_b01_tb9_2_195660" AND INSTALL USING PC SUITE OR WITH PHONE CONNECTED TO COMPUTER .... U LL GETS UR MAPS APP BACK .... MINE WORKED .... PLS REPLY IF U HAVE ANY PROBLEM .... MY EMAIL ID IS XXXXXXX

MODERATOR NOTE: Please do not post personal information on the discussion board.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
N4SPD

I have same issue too on N8!!!
VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
n97er

Same here on the Nokia E7 :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Please all. Read Messages 13, 14 & 15. You don't have to download any other Application Manager to uninstall. 

Good luck. Until Nokia takes that off the air and offers a fix. You will need to read messages 13, 14 & 15 of this discussion to have your Maps back. Nothing will be deleted, no need to hard reset, no need to load new map files again....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Slightly shorter workaround, which should also help people which cannot see any Maps entries in the Installed Apps list after doing the broken update to v3.8:

1. Download and install an old build of Nokia maps 3.08. This is a full installer and not net installer.
Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe maps 3.08.sis
This means that all the apps will be replaced during installation with an old version of app. Online install doesn’t do this as it finds a newer or same version already available and skips its install.
2. Once you have installed the old version, start “Maps” again. It should work the way it used to.
3. Now, download the officially available Nokia Maps 3.08 latest beta for Symbian Anna from here. Nokia Maps v3.08 with Weather | Nokia Beta Labs

4. Install the latest beta. This will be an online installer and will update all apps.
5. Reboot and everything will work fine. Verify by running all apps, one after the other.

Instead of 3 above you can also uninstall the beta 3.8 following the instructions from the betalabs page and install 3.6 from the Nokia store instead, whatever you prefer.

Please use plain text.
khaled506

plz nokia inned to fix this , my maps stop working and iget this error .

Please use plain text.