Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Free Navigation for Nokia E75 - When?

Free Navigation for Nokia E75 - When?

How long shall I wait for free Navigation for Nokia E75 ?

Please use plain text.

Re: Free Navigation for Nokia E75 - When?

i guess we will be waiting forever!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tommyonweb

Any news about E75 support???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

So far, the only announcements is that they will announce additional compatible handsets within the first half of the year. Just hope that e75 is included in the succeeding announcements.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Unbelievable that they have added e71 and even e66 to the list but not e75 which is a lot newer than those ones!!!  Some additional services such as weather etc are not supported in e71 or e66 but the navigation is free anyway!!

Just asked this from Nokia and they didnt answer anything worth mentioning...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
faurndau

I think it's quite easy: The E75 is used for 80+% as a business phone Most business people don't care about extra fees and just pay . . . So I'm sure, it's not a question about software or technology, it's pure about money and profit !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I think the same is true for the E71. It is also a business phone. While I admit, i don't know much about symbian programming, but it it takes so much time and effort to to adapt basically the same program to a very similar model, then something is seriously broken with the whole architecture, and Nokia (at least the Symbian) smartphones are doomed to fail. I guess this is already visible in the smarphone market numbers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

faurndau wrote:
I think it's quite easy: The E75 is used for 80+% as a business phone Most business people don't care about extra fees and just pay . . . So I'm sure, it's not a question about software or technology, it's pure about money and profit !

You must be right there. Another question is if this short-time profit seeking is clever or not. When customers (read people) feel unjust about these things and maybe change to more open platforms where the developers do everything to give the users what they want, who wins after all?

That's of course a question nobody can answer but it SEEMS that its the services, especially free services that the users want. Earnings must be done somewhere else than just phone sales.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

The official statement on the Ovi Maps FAQ is that symbian 3.2 devices (includes E75) will be added in due course.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
danielwinkels

I bought my E75 in September 2009 and i thought the price was worth it. But after some disappointments of the functionality and the design (i think that the e70 keyboard placement/design was much better!) and the navigation problematic i switched to htc. I don't see nokia trying to keep the customers happy after they bought a device. It might be a stupid idea, but it would work: just "sell" free licenses for the navigation.Oh, and by the way: what is this Ovi-Store? Is it just a set of trial versions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Comedian

It would make my decision making a bit easier if Nokia could make a statement whether the E75 is going to get free navigation or not.

The annual fee is not much for the navigation, but I'd rather not waste 10€(?) on a license that might become free any day now.

So please Nokia, make a statement. Is the E75 going to get the free navigation or not.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
swix

Here the statement:

https://twitter.com/ovibynokia/status/16212730413

"Hi, We will not add more devices to the list at this point. You can buy the navigation licence for as low as 10e/year"  (answering to an E75 user)

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

The door has been closed on us, lay your hopes to rest
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Oh, well. I have always wanted to buy an Andoid phone. At least I will not miss Nokia at all, after being a Nokia user for nealy 15 years. So, goodby Nokia, and good luck.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Free navigation with Android ???

jje

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

android offers free navigation with google maps. although its network reliant and you dont have the option of GPS navigation at least for now. Google provides it for android and its FREE.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I don't care about free navigation. I care about false advertising (free for all, forever, promising support for older phones, the suddenly anouncing no support).

They should have said: free for new phones, free for these phoses, others please buy the cheap yearly licence. I wouldn't have problem with that, after all, i am ready to pay for map updates. But what they did was simply a confusing advertising, or maybe outright laying.

I also care about buggy firmware, buggy downloads, useless support, useless services, aimless strategies.

Nokia should really think about why the smartphone market has changed.

And why Android? Becasue winmobile is dead, Nokia has lost its credibility for me, and Apple's 10 years ago Microsoft metality and ethics are revolting.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Google provides it for android and its FREE.

Just asking is all   So i can have Android google nav and pay data charges   for using maps .

jje

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

jjegan, this is the link:
http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/mobile/navigation/#utm_campaign=en_uk&utm_source=gh4smm&utm_medium=...

its provided free and its for ALL ANDROID devices unlike the NOKIA segregation.

my guess is its not as classy but it does the job.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have discussed it with experts, and what Nokia did was false advertising, as they made the consumers believe, that buying any Symbian phone will sooner or later get free navigation, thus they might have been able to clear inventory for older models and coerce people to buy Nokia phones on false pretext.

Having Free For All Forever displayed for months on Nokia.com and them making an announcement on Twitter does not seem to be fair business.

So we are preparing a complaint to the Consumer Protection Agency and the Competition Authority, to decide and probably fine Nokia. I am urging other people to do the same in their countries.

Please use plain text.