Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Garmin Mobile XT on E52

Counsellor

Garmin Mobile XT on E52

I've been trying to get my Garmin Mobile XT to work on the E52 but to no avail. It starts navigating before shutting down halfway and it slows the phone down tremendously. The same app worked very well in my 6210 Navigator. Anyone tried getting it to work well on the E52 and how did you do it?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Did you manage to fix this? 

I'm also having the exact same problem with Garmin Mobile XT and E52. 

E51 RM-244 200.34.36 24-04-2008
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hope this helps somebody but Garmin XT version 5.60 seems to work perfectly on my E52.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I faced similar problem of getting freezed in Nokia E72. So, I updated my GarminXT from 5.00.50 to 5.00.60, and so far I didn't encounter similar issue. Try to update to 5.00.60, try google for that (it is not yet in Garmin's site, but somewhere from Garmin Taiwan).

rgds,

a.aji

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I've updated to 5.00.60 but it still shuts down halfway. For those with 5.00.60, please keep using it and update here. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I do have the same problem, installed the new Garmin software and it keeps crashing! When you reduce the Map resolution to minimum it improves a bit but not by much.

I think E52 can not treat Garmin as a system app. Or Nokia doesn't like us to use non nokia maps.

I use to have E51 and there was no problem vith TomTom or Garmin.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

So far I also have the same problems with the E52 and Garmin XT (also using the latest version 5.00.60).

But it seems to be much more stable if Bluetooth and the Position Sensor (horizontal/vertical) is disabled,

then I could navigate from office to my home today (20km). But for a new phone with already good predecesors

it should be better and much more stable than what we got!!!

Hope a firmware to fix all the issues is out soon??!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Firmware update would be nice! I have to say I was very happy with E51 and buying E52 supose to be nice upgrade, but I am now concidering going back to E51!

I use to love Nokia's Podcast,Internet radio,Ovi backup, and the easy Email set up in E51, but none of that I can run on the E52.  "Whats wrong with you NOKIA" !!!???

One question I have is, where do you guys get the XT version 5.00.60? I have contacted Garmin and they emailed me that there is not such thing!?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I downloaded it from the German Webpage:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3939

Worked fine on E51, but if the sensor is enabled or the Bluetooth is enabled it freezes

quickly the whoile handset.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

All of you guys mentioned i the forum version 5.00.60 but the download link is for version 5.00.50 !

So there is no Garmin Mobile XT for Symbian S60 3rd Edition software version 5.00.60 available.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Try this site:

It's from Garmin Taiwan. The first file is 5.00.60. Extract the .sis file into your memory card and run it to update. Do not execute the .exe file otherwise you might end up with the Taiwanese version on your phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Exactly http://www.garmin.com.tw/products/GarminMobile10/download.html

this is the link. Sorry. But also here it freezes. The speech over Bluetooth is silent

after a few messages and if the Sensor for hor/vert is enabled the mobile freezes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for the link will try it and let you know how did I go

regards

Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

Dang! I couldn't even get it to install! :smileymad:

It stops halfway during installation...

02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

I did it! It's now working and I was able to install the road map for the Philippines. It takes a while to find/connect to satellites, though.
02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
demoiselle

hi, is your garmin stable on e52 already? i downloaded v5.00.60 from that site, extracted the file, then pasted everything on my memory card, i checked the version on my phone and it is still 5.00.50s60.9-ASN. i also noticed that the font has changed. please help!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

My phone is still with Nokia. It's been 3 weeks already. They're waiting on some kind of board to get replaced. To get .60 installed, you only need to extract the SIS file into your phone and run that. You do not extract everything into the phone otherwise you'll risk overwriting your settings with Taiwanese settings.

I can only suggest that you go back to .50 then just extract the GarminMobileXT.sis from .60 into your memory card and run that to install .60.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
demoiselle

the contents of my download is:

GarminMobileXT.sis

GMXTupdateSymbianS60.txt

Folders:

>Apps

>Cache

>Font

>GPX

>Help

>jpeg

>poi

>vehicle

>voice

so, you mean to say, i ignore all the folders and just overwrite the GarminMobileXT.sis on my memory card with the new one and just run it?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yes, that's all you have to do.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
demoiselle

Hi, i have new problem, when i tested this morning, my e52 couldn't get a gps signal. now i can't test if it is stable already. my a-gps is already turned on.
Please use plain text.