Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Garmin Mobile XT on Nokia N8

Omairs

Garmin Mobile XT on Nokia N8

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

I have been using Nokia N8 for the past two months now and am fully satisfied from everything that Nokia has given in it as an Update or through Ovi Store or either way around.

The problem I just faced now while installing Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.40 is that when I install it everything is smooth, but when I open the application the click to "I Agree" doesn't work but the other click of changing the Language works. 

Does anyone knows about this problem? I need help, if possible email me ****@gmail.com or post a reply here.

Thanking you,

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. Please do not post your personal details on this public forum. - Viang

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Garmin Mobile XT on Nokia N8

AFAIK v5.00.50 is optimised for touchscreen devices, although v5.00.60 released for Taiwan addresses use in "landscape mode":

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
megonzalez96

[ Edited ]

Dear Omaris,

May i be corious, of where did you got that SW for N8, i was trying to get it but I could not found it.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
coffee_jellly23

[ Edited ]

MODERATOR NOTE:

*e-mail address has been removed.

Please be informed that personal/contact information are not allowed to be posted in this forum for your privacy and security reason.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@megonzalez96

Garmin Mobile Xt was always legitimately supplied upon 2GB microSD whilst available and for the N8 would need to be installed in "mass memory" which might go some way towards answering your issue.

Please use plain text.
syedazampasha

[ Edited ]

I have been using Nokia N8 for the past one months now and am fully satisfied from everything that Nokia has given in it as an Update or through Ovi Store or either way around.

The problem I just faced now while installing Garmin Mobile software Nokia N8 when I install it everything is smooth, but when I open the application the click to "I Agree" doesn't work but the other click of changing the Language works. 

Does anyone knows about this problem? I need help, if possible please message me

Thanking you,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have edited and remove your email address on your post, personal details like IMEI/Mobile number/real name etc. We encourage user not to post this information on the Nokia discussion for security and privacy purposes.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regard,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@syedazampasha

Welcome to the forum!

Whilst sympathetic to your plight please be aware that advice on circumventing licensing arrangements for software applications cannot be condoned on this manufacturer's sponsored forum unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
Boffill

Hi, I have just installed Garmin on my N8 and when I try to change the name of My Locations on Manage My Data, I can't change the name because they keypad doesn't show, anyone can help me about this?

Please use plain text.
Sage
optiplex330

Does Garmin still legal software for our N8? Got any link for it? I am interested. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@Boffill

You obviously can't have picked touch screen optimised version of Garmin Mobile Xt for 5800XM, as here is screenshot with keyboard:

@poptiplex330

Situation not changed since Garmin Mobile Xt was supplied upon 2GB microSD and needs to be installed upon "Mass memory" on N8.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Boffill

Sir, do you have a link to the installer of that Touch Screen Optimised Garmin?
Please use plain text.
Boffill

You see, I can actually type on any other part of my Garmin Mobile XT. I have the same version with the one posted above, its just that whenever I change the name for My Locations, its not letting me because the keyboard won't pop out. Tsk.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@Boffill

Here is version that is used:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.