Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Here Maps vs symbian Nokia maps

Counsellor

Here Maps vs symbian Nokia maps

Hi

There are some things that are missing in WP here maps that were present in symbian Nokia maps

1. Categories, there were a huge number of categories (at least 30)in Symbian Nokia maps, in Here maps I have a poultry 5 to 6 categories, seriously

Eg how do I search the nearest cash dispensers, In Nokia maps I just go to settings and enable that category it displays on the maps, I just can't do that on Here maps. Worst of all the number of categories keeps varying, sometimes I see only 2 sometimes I see 5 to 6.

2. There is no 3D view in maps it is only available in the Drive app

3. Volume adjustments

4. Audio navigation via bluetooth

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I have 10 categories listed in Here Drive+ Beta including cash dispensers.

My wife has successfully used Nokia Drive over a Bluetooth connection in her car using a 620 so I know it works. 

Also, Nokia Drive for Windows Phone is still in Beta and hasn't yet migrated to a final product but it is hoped that that should change soon. Nokia Drive for Symbian was many years in the making but Here Drive Beta hasn't been around nearly as long. It will get better over time so give it a chance.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Basically, that's one of the main reasons I keep staying on E72 using Nokia Maps based on Symbian.
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mathe226

rayhipkiss wrote:

I have 10 categories listed in Here Drive+ Beta including cash dispensers.

My wife has successfully used Nokia Drive over a Bluetooth connection in her car using a 620 so I know it works. 

Also, Nokia Drive for Windows Phone is still in Beta and hasn't yet migrated to a final product but it is hoped that that should change soon. Nokia Drive for Symbian was many years in the making but Here Drive Beta hasn't been around nearly as long. It will get better over time so give it a chance. 

I would really like to give it a chance, but buying a phone just to find out that one of the main programs you bought it for is only available in beta version make no one happy. And when Nokia Drive finally will be at least equivalent with Sympian Nokia Maps, it will for sure require you to also buy a new phone again.

Please use plain text.