Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How To Delete Unwanted Routes in Nokia n8

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

How To Delete Unwanted Routes in Nokia n8

how to delete routes on the n8 ovi maps tia

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: How To Delete Unwanted Routes in Nokia n8

Longpress the route you want to delete and you should see the option Rename or Delete.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i have gone into history tried lomg pressing route nothing comes up ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Are you trying to delete a route or history?

To delete a route, goto Favourites>Routes>longpress the route you wish to delete>delete

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

cjlim wrote:

To delete a route, goto Favourites>Routes>longpress the route you wish to delete>delete

Tap or long press only appears to elicit recalculating route.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You get recalc with shortpress. If you press and hold long enough, you will see a small arrow going in a circle just above your finger. Wait for the circle to complete before letting go and you will get the option to Rename or Delete.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i am trying to delete routes that are in the history folder go into favourite there nothing there but in history there is loads

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I am using Ovi Maps V3.06 10wk48 b01

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Just to clarify this issue, cjlim is correct in his assertion if using OVI Maps v3.06 pre-release from Nokia Beta Labs, however this "Delete" or "Rename" feature is NOT present if using available version of OVI Maps v3.06 for N8 from OVI Suite > Software update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Just to clarify as well that it was also on the previous betalabs version which is the wk44 version. I would be surprised if they have it on both the older and current betalabs versions but not the Ovi Suite version. What is the full version number of the Ovi version?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

my map version is v3.04 10wl34bos map version 0.1.25.114

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

As you say today's release on NokiaBeta Labs is v3.06 10wk50 b03

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

whereas version for N8 from OVI Suite is v3.06 (151) a pretty early version it seems. The version available for N97 Mini from OVI Store is v3.06 10wk46

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Wow! Another update today. I'm off to download it now. 

I can confirm that the delete route with the longpress option is still on the wk50 version.

Just in case we have confused the OP, you still have the v3.04 that shipped with your phone. I suggest you update to either the V3.06 using sw update or the latest v3.06 beta from betalabs. It is still beta but it works fine on my N8. Apart from being able to longpress to delete you will also be able to download and update street map data directly from your phone without a pc. 

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/ovi-maps-306

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

i have installed the  v3.06 10wk50 b03 but when i go into the history and delete my old routes they still are there tried the long press nothing happens

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

andy1494 wrote:

i have installed the  v3.06 10wk50 b03 but when i go into the history and delete my old routes they still are there tried the long press nothing happens

Don't know what to say here other than if you look at Beta Labs information of which screenshot below, this is a feature on Symbian^3 devices.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

could it be a problem with the n8 or with the software as press the long tab fpr over a minute nothing happens

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I just noticed something you said. You keep mentioning "history". If you mean Drive>Set destination>History, items here including destinations and routes cannot be deleted from within Ovi Maps itself. You may be able to delete the file they are saved in but I have never done it and can't tell you what the file is called or whether or not it is safe to delete.

The longpress only works for Places and Routes in Favourites.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

yes i found that out last might that what you just said is correct and the history cannot be deleted so i will leave then thanks again for your help

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Oje1

Excellent!! Here it is two years after you posted this and you solved my problem!  I couldn't figure out how to delete a route on my c6-01.  I tried everything I could think of to no avail.  I followed your directuions and it worked!  Thanks!

Please use plain text.