Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do I download an actual MAP?

Contributor
rcashin
Accepted Solution

How do I download an actual MAP?

Hi ... When I go to "Download OVI Maps" and select my phone (7230), it says "You're Good To Go" ... Your mobile has Nokia Maps preinstalled.  But while the Map app IS on my phone, there's no actual MAP.  It seems like it thinks I want to install the Maps application, rather than simply a map - and then tells me 'go away, the app is already installed'.  I don't see any place where I select my actual map (ex, Canada, Newfoundland, etc)

I've installed PC Suite ... does that make a difference? 

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: How do I download an actual MAP?

Not knowing which version of Ovi Maps you have installed on your phone, I suggest you install Ovi Suite on your pc. Once installed, connect your phone to the pc and use the Maps Option in Ovi Suite to download and install map data to your phone.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Your 7230 has Nokia Maps 2.0 installed and AFAIK does not have a built in gps receiver like some of the other Nokia models. You need to get an external bluetooth gps receiver such as the Nokia LD-4W to use it for navigation. You would need to run Nokia Maps application at least once with memory card in place before utilising OVI Suite > Maps to download regional data as cjlim posted.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rcashin

Thanks to both cjlim and aspergerguy for the responses.  The problem sort of fixed itself ... I think what was going on was that I had to be connected for a period of time to allow the map to fully donwload.  I didn't really do anything different ... they just more or less appeared after a while.

Thanks again for your help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.