Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How do I remove a particular country from Nokia Ma...

Counsellor
mcgon1979

How do I remove a particular country from Nokia Maps app?

I don't want to remove the whole application, but I want to remove a particular country to free up 300mb of mass memory. I downloaded France map for a vaction, but I do not need it anymore? Any suggestions on how to just remove the FRANCE map data not the entire data or the entire app.

thanks all
5110, 3210, 3220, 8210, 8850, 7210, 6230i, N73, N95 8gb, E51, N82
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: How do I remove a particular country from Nokia Maps app?

The Map loader software allows you to download and delete maps from your memory card. Unfortunately, it does not allow you to select which countries you want to delete, which means you have to delete all and then redownload the countries you want. I haven't checked recently but they may be an uodate to the map loader software which may allow you to select individual countries to delete.

Re downloading the countries you use may not be such a bad idea anyway because the maps are updated periodically.

Alternatively, you can also set the amount of memory card space to be used by Maps. This means that the phone will automatically overwrite infrequently used maps with latest downloads without exceeding the set amount. You can find this setting at Settings>Network>Max. memory Card use. Use this to avoid Maps using too much memory space again.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mcgon1979

ah, I see. That solution is good enough for me. I don't mind blanking all mpas and just installing the ones I need each time. Thats not too bad as its quiet fast with broadband.

Cheers for the reply. very helpful :smileywink:
5110, 3210, 3220, 8210, 8850, 7210, 6230i, N73, N95 8gb, E51, N82
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

But before you delete all the maps make sure you are able to download them back. THere is a separate thread where people are getting a Corrupted File message when they try to download maps in the new version of map loader.
Please use plain text.