Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to backup favourites in Nokia maps?

Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd
Accepted Solution

How to backup favourites in Nokia maps?

Anyone please help me to backup favourites in Nokia maps. After update all favourites were lost. I would like to know how to backup at least from now.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: How to backup favourites in Nokia maps?

[ Edited ]

Why don't you sync them here ? Sign in with the same credentails that you use on this Forum.. Open your Maps application on your phone ..Go to Favourites and select 'Synchronise' ... Then check them under Favourites online...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

Re: How to backup favorites in Nokia maps?

[ Edited ]

And to make sure it's not lost in space at a later time LmManager from Nokia Store can export (and import) a .ldb file from the favorites on the phone, which is a human-readable XML file that can also be used in other programs.

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Thanks a lot. :smileyhappy:

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I actually got back all the old lost favourites after using sync in maps application.
I'm very happy.
Thanks again. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bergamot

Hey, thanks for the information, but today I when I tried to get the lmManager, the download doesn't work. I think the publisher/author has removed the file.

Do you know any other such tool to export the backup of maps favourites, so that it can be used on another platform.

In fact, I am trying to export my ovi maps favourite locations on an android based maps platform. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

Direct link to LmManager:

http://store.ovi.com/content/42842

- or visit m.google.com on your Symbian phone and download Google Maps. It imports your favorites from Nokia Maps directly, so when logging in to you Google account there should be an option to sync it to the Google cloud?

Please let us know how it goes.

--

Hans

Please use plain text.