Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

How to download Non-Navigable Map

How to download Non-Navigable Map

I want to know if there is a way to download a non-navigable map, because i am searching the map of Uruguay but i cant find it
Please use plain text.
mauzac2010

URUGUAY MAPS

I´M SEARCHING IT TOO!! BECAUSE I´M FROM URUGUAY AND I CAN´T FIND MY MAP.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Re: URUGUAY MAPS

If the map is not on the maps loader then you cannot download what's not on the maps loader .

What you can do is check that the country you want is on the map via the map loader and download maps for that area just in case its part of say Brazil map  as maps tend to be geographic rather than political .

jje

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hdesoto

I need those maps too.

Nokia, please answer all my requests... I haven't receive ANY ANSWER AT ALL. 

I've send a few e-mails about this issue, and none received a reply from the company.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi hdesoto

Unfortunately in OVI Maps v3.04 mapping for Uruguay is very poor as per screenshot: http://i55.tinypic.com/wbus5c.jpg

An "Online" search for places produces nil results and "Browse categories" just produces the appropriate icon on a blank map!

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you have data plan then Google Maps may be used.. It has very good mapping for Uruguay..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Enzo_Uruguayo

Nokia, please!!!, do whatever is needed so we can download URUGUAY maps to our phones. In January I bought an N8 and you´re forcing me to use Garmin´s software(pirated) with the N8 GPS and just because OVI MAPS is not letting me to download URUGUAY maps.!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, please, allow us to download that map! (I want to stop using a pirated software like garmin)

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

[ Edited ]

Hi Enzo_Uruguayo,

I'm from Rio Grande do Sul and I use to travel one or two times a year to Uruguay. So, I understand your concern. I use Ovi Maps 3.04 on my 5530, but when I travel to Uruguay I have to use Garmin Mobile XT

Currently, Garmin is the only GPS navigation system that has Uruguay map. I don't know the reason for that, since Navteq, which is owned by Nokia, has Uruguay map since last year!

You can confirm that at the address: www.navteq.com. At Navteq's site, you'll be able to browse the complete map of Uruguay. In fact, that map is the same as the one you have on Garmin Mobile XT. Give it a try and enter a search for 'Montevideo'. It's also possible to get driving directions. But, only on Navte's site.

HELLO NOKIA!!! When will you release the map of Uruguay to Symbian phones, since Navteq, which is owned by you, already has that map since last year?

An interesting fact is that the local provider of the map of Uruguay is a Colonia del Sacramento based company, named Cremorne. Have a look at http://www8.garmin.com/cgi-bin/dealers.pl?country=Uruguay.

Kind regards.

Moderator's Note: Removed the link as it is not written in English. Please be advised that Nokia Support Discussion only accepts posts/links written in English.

Please use plain text.