Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

didn't work in n97

Contributor
dbzdbz
Accepted Solution

How to uninstall older maps data - folders are different!

[ Edited ]

My E71 has maps data 0.1.24, i want to use newer 0.1.25. What are the steps to delete the older maps data?

In my memory card, there is a folder cities, inside it there are folders called maploader, diskcache. Inside diskcache, there are folders including clientindex, etc.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: How to uninstall older maps data - folders are different!

Hi dbzdbz

You don't say whether PC with OVI Suite available, if so use "Delete existing" map data and re-download new data.

You can always delete E:\CITIES + .qf file, restart OVI Maps application on device to re-define folder structure needed.

If using a Mac with manual addition actual map data is in folders 0 - 9 and a - f in E:\CITIES\diskcache and that together with ClientIndex folder would need to be replaced.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dbzdbz

[ Edited ]

whoops. I dont use PC suite. I use PC and use mass storage mode. So i think i will just delete the cities + qf.

Also i have downloaded "http://static.s2g.gate5.de/map5/maploaderzip-00.01.25.114/XXXXX.zip"

So should i delete the folder and copy this new zip file contents? Just after deleting the old cities folder?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi dbzdbz

If using Windows just copy contents of extracted .zip map (0 -9 & a - f folders) to E:\CITIES\diskcache (overwrite / replace any files if prompted)

Have a look at post by 

ovikovi if you need any elaboration.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
maxraji

didn't work in n97

[ Edited ]

i did all of this things for my nokia n97 but still its not working can u plz help me with it..i send u a msg saying my problem. cheerssss..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: didn't work in n97

Firstly although prepared to help with OVI Maps issues any solution given would be biased towards resolving problems for Mac users for whom OVI Suite is not an available option.

Secondly with early N97 having a "chequered history" in that GPS hardware modification may not have been carried out on device if needed, resolution of issue may not be possible.

Although easy for me to say, I would probably always advocate a "hard reset" being carried out on device even if firmware just updated, although this would entail loss of all data. Additionally it would probably be wise to re-format "mass memory" after saving any important data.

I would at that point suggest downloading OVI Maps v3.04 for N97 Mini from here:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download#/nokia-n97-m... ( avoiding need to use OVI Store or OVI Suite) drag across to "mass memory" find with device "File mgr" and install from there.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.