Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: How update safety cameras

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

You can't do anything wrong by carrying this out, the question is if you click "Drive" and move around the map are "Safety cameras" visible now?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Geoff_uk

thanks.

i haven't had chance to try it again yet, will come back if i have any problems.

so glad this forum is available with all the knowledgeable posters, think i'll be a regular visitor!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jodahush

I use my phone in germany.
My safety spot file has version ...36
is there a hack or something available, that i could use the spied trap settings as in other countries?
The next thing would be to make sure the europe file works for germany as wel. whereby editing the europe duke should be possible
Please use plain text.
phaetonott

Hi Aspergerguy.

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this discussion but I have been trying to follow the instructions and seem to be totally incompetant.

I have a 5800 which had cameras on it when brand new, trouble was the maps didn't show, so if I went for a drive I got camera alerts, but couldn't use satnav.

I tried to update Nokiamaps, which told me i needed ovimaps, so I downloaded that and got a working satnav but no cameras.

Not touched it for many months as the car had a satnav and this was superfluous, change of car and I would now like the phone satnav with cameras operational.

This week downloaded latest maps via pc and ovisuite and following instructions above went into disccache to check cameras. In the cameras folder was a file called australia so i deleted that and dragged a copy of the Europe file, minus text tag into it's place.

Now when I start maps it opens the program for about 3 seconds and then closes again.

Am I beyond help or is there a simple fix?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

phaetonott wrote:

Now when I start maps it opens the program for about 3 seconds and then closes again.

This symptom is usually indicative of disparity between OVI Maps version installed and map data actually upon memory card. I don't know how much European mapping you have downloaded already but in your particular circumstances I would suggest that you delete E:\cities + .qf file from memory card, re-start OVI Maps application to re-initialise and re-define necessary folder structure. Set OVI Maps application "Online" and utilise a WLAN access point (if data cost an issue) zoom into your position forcing it to download some map data as witnessed by the kb meter.

If you have Ovi Maps v3.06 11wk07 installed (go to "?" icon > About Maps > Versions) there is an "Update" icon you can then use to download maps you require by WLAN

Lastly before implementing "Safetyspots" is using network data a "No" for you as would make process a lot simpler?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
phaetonott

Thanks for prompt reply, I'll see if I can manage it when the family have gone to bed later and I can focus on it properly.

I'll let you know when it's done:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Aspergerguy, I've now followed all your tips and I think I've got safety cameras working, also in offline navigation. Which is simply fab. Thank you very much.

Kate

Please use plain text.