Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Installing Ovi maps 3.06 on memory card

Advisor
Bhargavdas100

Installing Ovi maps 3.06 on memory card

Is there any way to Instal Ovi maps 3.06 on memory card on the s60v5 devices as these devices have very less phone memory
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No.. the Maps application will install ONLY in the Phone... You may install the Maps Data on the Memory Card..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bhargavdas100

But the phone memory of my Nokia 5230 is very less . I have 11mb free space .can u provide any solution.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have you updated your device with the latest Firmware..? because Maps v3.06 should come along with that..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bhargavdas100

Yeah i have updated but the preinstalled maps is 3.04 and 3.06 is available as application update. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Bhargavdas100 wrote:
But the phone memory of my Nokia 5230 is very less . I have 11mb free space .can u provide any solution.

Either you have too many applications currently installed or need to clear browser cache, as need >20MB of free phone memory to install v3.06. Although it would be a complete pain necessitating backup of all essential data, you may find it necessary to re-format device to remove all clutter.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.