Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Integration of Landmarks and Maps

Contributor

Integration of Landmarks and Maps

As far as I can see, the categories used by Landmarks and the categories used by Maps are entirely separate. I can organise my Landmarks into categories but those categories are not available when I search in Maps.

Similarly, the long list of built-in categories available in Maps is completely different to the short built-in list available in Landmarks.

Am I missing something here? This doesn't seem to make any sense at all. What is the point of having different category lists for Landmarks and Maps. And, most importantly, why are my user-defined Landmark categories not available in maps?

Any input much appreciated.
Please use plain text.

Are you using the new Maps 2? As I noticed the same thing, but assumed it was because I was using Maps 2 which is still in beta, and the categories in Landmarks hadn't been updated to coincide with the new Maps program.
Can anyone throw any light on this? Do the categories of Maps 1 tally up with those in Landmarks?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I'm not using Maps 2 because I'm on T-Mobile UK. Maps 2 is not available yet because T-Mobile still haven't updated the firmware.

I was hoping that this problem would be fixed in Maps 2, but from your comment, it seems not.

It's crazy. I can't see any reason to implement it the way they have.

Yet another reason for me not to bother with Maps 2.

Message Edited by keithl on 14-Mar-2008 10:36 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ardbeggordon

Hmmm , i'm on t-mobile (E51) and i've upgraded to Maps 2 ok .
Please use plain text.