Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Is there something wrong with nokia map on n95?

Contributor

Is there something wrong with nokia map on n95?

I live in garden grove (Soutn California,USA). When I test my n95 with gps, the nokia map works ok in some areas near my city. However, when I try to search other locations which is very far away from my city like Newport Beach city, or San jose (in North California), the map cannot find the new locations. I dont know why. I think there is a problem with my phone or the new address is wrong, however, I am sure that the new address is RIGHT. Then I look at map nokia in my phone and I use the mouse to move in my city (garden grove), I only see streets in some areas near my city only. However, when I move very far away from my city, I dont see any streets. I dont know why????
Need someone helps please !!!!!
Please use plain text.
Sage
jalisinfo

Re: Is there something wrong with nokia map on n95?

Hey there,
I think you still using nokia map GPS navigation trial which is only supported for certain distnace. however you may need some more map data in side your memory card for those city,for which you tried to navigate to see far distance, The data could be downloaded via your network provider or WLAN, so select your accesspoint to download those required data.

check that your n95 got the GPS good signal strength as well.

and finally reboot your n95 and start the GPS application and try to see how
Please use plain text.