Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Latam Drive License and a travel to Europe

Counsellor

Latam Drive License and a travel to Europe

Hello guys

For Nokia Maps at my Nokia 6790 I bought 1 year of Latin America and Caribe Drive License

About August my mom will go to Europe (a tour at some countries)

I must also buy Europe Drive License?

(the main idea is use voice guidance, no traffic info or other internet related info)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yes, you will need to purchase the navigation license for Europe if you want voice guidance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@leo3487

More details can be found here with 30 days €2.99 and 1YR €9.99:http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/pricing-and-coverage/maps30

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks for reply

Then near the travel I will buy 30 days of Europe Drive License

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have a new problem

I updated Nokia Maps 3.01 to 3.03

Now I cant found where check and buy drive license

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@leo3487

May not be a problem at all as OVI Maps_3_03L_10wk22_b02 could well have free navigation so no need for a license manager anymore!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

uh oh

Then I bought Drive Licence for Latam in a silly way.... no needed

But also.... I will no need to buy Drive License for Europe when my mom travel at August

This is you mean?

No more Drive License required to use voice?

If is this, welcome!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

@leo3487

Not certain whether you are using 6790 Slide or 6790 Surge here, but Nokia resources not very helpful as your device not listed here:http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/maps-support/compatibility-and-download

When you said that you had updated I found that OVI Maps v3.03 is listed upon OVI Store against your device; whereas license needed for v3.01, I know that E71 using v3.03 has free navigation.

You are correct that if free navigation in one region on device then it is now free in all regions so you would not need to purchase one for Europe now if this is the case.

With reference to saying if your current license is no longer needed, it could always be transferred by Nokia to another device running OVI Maps 3.01 for the remainder of it's current validity.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

In fact, when I downloaded it at my pc for transfer it to my phone, at list no figure Nokia 6790 Slide or Surge, but figure Nokia 6760 than is european version of 6790, I selected it, and my 6790 no said any error message

In fact I bought driive license for latam when I had version 3.01, but if you say now version 3.03 no need licenses, then it is great, my mom will use my 6790 without need of license

Please use plain text.